Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Israeli " Kasda " M-1

Article about: Israel began production of its own variation of the Kasda M-1 sometime in the late 1960's these helmets remained in service until gradually being phased out by the M-76 Orlite ballistic comp

?

Default Israeli " Kasda " M-1

Israel began production of its own variation of the " Kasda " M-1 sometime in the late 1960's these helmets remained in service until gradually being phased out by the M-76 Orlite ballistic composite helmet...
    They are produced in one size and weigh in at approximately 1530 grams and are manufactured from " Hadfield " manganese steel, one thing that immediately catches your attention with these M-1 helmets is the fact that a three point chinstrap system was employed with the addition of a slider type buckle that has been added to the rear of the helmet body to thread the webbing through, and two claw foot slider buckles added to the sides Although offering much better support while wearing this helmet this in my opinion would make for a time consuming and problematic venture every time the helmet had to be adjusted, taken off or put back on as the webbing would have to be re threaded through the buckles on either side of the helmet body and or released on the harness so one could slip his head in and out as there is no quick release system...
    The liners were modelled after the US P-64 M-1 liner system and are produced by the Tama company and are manufactured from nylon fabric impregnated with phenolic resin / Polyvinyl butyral ( PVB ) shaped in a high pressure mold The Israeli M-1 ( Kasda ) are most commonly seen adorned with camouflage nets, hessian covers and an assortments of bands were employed to keep the covers on tight and close to the helmet shell most frequently seen are inner tube bands, With a small number of factory produced wide tan helmet bands that are seen from time to time...

Regards Mark
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Israeli " Kasda " M-1   Israeli " Kasda " M-1  

Israeli " Kasda " M-1   Israeli " Kasda " M-1  

Great write up and helmet! I really like these helmets, and while it can be called an "m1 clone" the chinstrap, net, and helmet band combination give it a distinctive look.

I like them too, they were also used by other countries , Ive seen some in use by , AFRICAN , LEBANON , UN , and possibly others as well as IDF , The three point chin strap gives it that distinctive Israeli Commando look.

nice, mine has Israeli markings stamped in tot the liner and shell, but was missing its chinstrap so I fitted a dn1950's British para helmet strap instead until I find the correct one.

If anyone has a spare chinstrap?...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Israeli " Kasda " M-1   Israeli " Kasda " M-1  

Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

My examples are shown at the end of this thread. The earliest shell stamp I have seen is 1969 and they changed over pretty quickly when you compare photos of the Six Day War and the Yom Kippur War almost all frontline soldiers are wearing this model.

Israeli M1 helmets, variants and clones

Does the liner have a five figure number ink stamped inside, the ones I have seen have a seven in the middle and I think this is the first number of the year manufacture.

Israeli " Kasda " M-1

Israeli " Kasda " M-1

Steve.

I think the British para chin strap would be correct , the IDF made use of lots of surplus British web gear , slings, water bottles , I wouldnt be surprised they used a British chin strap.

mine without its cover, it seems to have a repaired chinstrap lug?

Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.