Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Italian M33 helmet-1947-90

Article about: Goodmorning everyone, with this post I wanted to share with you some Italian M33 helmets of the post war period, used between 1947 and the early 90s. Identified unambiguously the manufacture

Interesting James,
    beautiful badge, and also the T35 with brown rubber face, much more common are those in clear rubber.
    The helmet is probably a 1934-36 production, the rivets seem those rounded of the first type with two tabs, in fact the first distribution of M33 for combat troops was made to volunteers of Spanish War in 1936, who used it along with the m1916 helmet.

Roberto

Thank you Roberto and Ian the rear shell has a P3 stamp ,as for the T35 gasmask I'm not familiar with the clear rubber type you mention but would be interested in seeing an example. I've looked back to one of the first posts i made here back when i joined so had the helmet for at least 7 years and slightly to show a second m33 i used to own but was post war with Italian Social Republic decals Italian M33 helmet-1947-90Italian M33 helmet-1947-90Italian M33 helmet-1947-90

Just to share is this superb replica "Duce" Benito Mussolini of which the original sculpture was commissioned in 1933 that caught my interest during a recent visit ,it resides in the Imperial War Museum Manchester ,England Italian M33 helmet-1947-90Italian M33 helmet-1947-90

Quote by James C View Post
    Thank you Roberto and Ian the rear shell has a P3 stamp ,as for the T35 gasmask I'm not familiar with the clear rubber type you mention but would be interested in seeing an example. I've looked back to one of the first posts i made here back when i joined so had the helmet for at least 7 years and slightly to show a second m33 i used to own but was post war with Italian Social Republic decals Italian M33 helmet-1947-90Italian M33 helmet-1947-90Italian M33 helmet-1947-90

Hi James,
    the batch number P6 confirms that it is a M33 realized to mid-30s, the manufacturer should be "Pignone in Florence," although there is no absolute certainty.
    The dark color of the liner and chinstrap seem treated with some product to restore the aesthetics, while the central snare of the liner is not the original one.
    If I see well, the back stitching of leather is two parallel lines, and this is a good thing, while other details would need for assess the chin strap; anyway a good helmet.
    The other helmet is as you say a postwar example to which they added the decals, such as those used by the four Republican National Army divisions:
    1th Div. Bersaglieri "Italia"
    2th Div. Grenadiers "Littorio"
    3th Div. Marine Infantry "San Marco"
    4th Div. Alpine Troops "Monterosa"
    As for the T35 mask, I confirm that it was manufactured by various makers and you can find various pieces with the rubber face of various shades ranging from light beige to dark brown, more common are the examples of lighter colored.
    I have a collection of German and Italian masks of WW2 period, now I'm in travel for work and I can not, but in the weekend I add to thread for you the photos of some examples of T35 in light color.
    Maybe with a little time available I open a thread on the subject in the Italian WW2 section, it could be interesting.

Regards
    Roberto

Just to share is this superb replica "Duce" Benito Mussolini of which the original sculpture was commissioned in 1933 that caught my interest during a recent visit ,it resides in the Imperial War Museum Manchester ,England Italian M33 helmet-1947-90Italian M33 helmet-1947-90
    James very interesting!
    his style makes me think that it might be one of the works of futurist sculptor Renato Bertelli, who produced similar works called "Continuous profile of the Duce" who was part of a broader context of works that synthesized in a modern image of Mussolini.
    The Italian Futurist Movement was very close to Fascism.

Regards
    Roberto

Roberto thank you so much for the appraisal it is truly appreciated ,your insight and knowledge is such an asset to the forum and it's great to have you here

Roberto thank you so much for the appraisal it is truly appreciated ,your insight and knowledge is such an asset to the forum and it's great to have you here
    Hi James,
    thank you very much for your kind words, which I really appreciated.
    I invite you to look at this thread, the images of T35 mask, that you asked me you can find here:
    Italian Gas Mask Mod. T35, and other patterns

Regards
    Roberto

ADH
    ?

Default Hi there would really appreciate comment on this helmet and the likely era.

Picked this up in a small shop between the Dolomites and Venice. Would be intrigued to know the likely era and unit. Thank you for the assistance. Kind regards,
    Anthony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Italian M33 helmet-1947-90  

Hi Antony,
    it is a M33 of the "Guardia di Finanza (Finance Police), of the post-war period, on it is still used a leather chin strap similar to that of the WW2 period.

Regards
    Roberto

ADH
    ?

Good Afternoon Roberto, Thank you so much for such I fast and definitive reply. Much appreciated. Would this be the late 1940s or later? Thank you again. Kind regards Anthony

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast