Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Japanese Helmet

Article about: Hello everyone, I recently acquired an Imperial Japanese helmet. It seems that it has 2 (I am not counting the black paint ) colors: one that seems red or orage, depending on the light, and

Default Japanese Helmet

Hello everyone,

I recently acquired an Imperial Japanese helmet. It seems that it has 2 (I am not counting the black "paint") colors: one that seems red or orage, depending on the light, and then the default ocher color. The paint layers goes in this order: Black, Red and Ocher. The star seems original, made of metal with some residual paint still in it mixed with rust (although I could be wrong). It also has 3 chinstrap passages, but they are different: one is definietly the original rear passage; the right one is like the rear but flipped, with it's passage hole larger; and the left one is hand made, with a crudly sewing finish. Regarding the helmet itself, it has the Kanji "big" (oki) heat stamped and painted in white. Additionally, it has some type of numbers (44 is what I can distinguish) instead of the manufacturer marking (I could be missing or just not seeing the factory marks) on top of the "oki" Kanji. Moreover, some of the vent holes were covered in red wax (some of the wax can still be seen).

What do you think? Thanks for any response.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Japanese Helmet   Japanese Helmet  

Japanese Helmet   Japanese Helmet  

Japanese Helmet