Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

M1 helmet help

Article about: Hello all. I picked this M1 American style helmet up the other day. It had a combat 95 British helmet cover glued to it!? There’s no seam front or rear, no stamp under the visor and no marki

?

Default M1 helmet help

Hello all. I picked this M1 American style helmet up the other day. It had a combat 95 British helmet cover glued to it!?

There’s no seam front or rear, no stamp under the visor and no markings of any sort. It’s definitely steel though.

The bails are not like I’ve seen before. A colleague of mine said it could be an Israeli IDF helmet from the 70’s. Any advice would be gratefully received.

Al
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M1 helmet help   M1 helmet help  

M1 helmet help   M1 helmet help  

You are correct it is not U.S. sorry I can not help with the country of origin.
    Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

?

Bloody photos

Well that's odd. It's not any standard Israeli helmet type I've ever seen, although the Israelis did some real non-standard stuff at times. I'm more thinking maybe South American perhaps? Interested to see what it is if anyone knows.

interesting that it's rim less

?

Any more input guys? I'm very keen to learn a little more about this.

Al

JBR
    ?

I think it's Spanish. The lack of rim and type of strap loops suggest that to me. John

i would think as well Spanish m65. JBR you had a thread on this type of helmet

?

Hi, that's nailed it. Thank you all.

Al