Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Mexican M40 Adrian Helmet......maybe?

Article about: Saw this recently on an auction site and thew a max bid of \\$20 on it because it only had one really bad photo that showed it was an Adrian style helmet. Wound up winning for \\$13 and \\$22 in s

Default Mexican M40 Adrian Helmet...ETA M16 Lipmann

Saw this recently on an auction site and thew a max bid of $20 on it because it only had one really bad photo that showed it was an Adrian style helmet. Wound up winning for $13 and $22 in shipping lol. From what I can find this may be a Mexican Adrian style of M40 locally produced? Just looking to get some more accurate info on it as if it is Mexican I will probably put it on Ebay as it is not really in my collecting lane. I just want to be sure that when I put it up I do so with accurate information. Thank You

Last edited by Texengland; 11-30-2022 at 03:20 AM.

?

I think you have got yourself a bargain. What you have is an Italian M16 Lippman helmet. Nice to see one with the original liner and the insignia on the front is a real bonus.

This is a good site for more information. World War Helmets - Casque Modele 16

Steve.

Well that's cool. If it's Italian then I might just add ot to the collection! Any ideas on what specialty the ordnance bomb and cross cannons would be?

Edit....double post

?

Good question, at a guess I would say heavy artillery. Hopefully someone better educated will see this.
    Steve.

See here for badge - World War Helmets - Insignes peints modele 34 - anti-aircraft artillery, from what I can make out from the photograph.

That does appear to be the closest, but the helmet doesn't seem to have the flags like ion the picture?