Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Military Helmet turned Cooking Pot?

Article about: Hello I have heard of many helmets turned into cooking pots and flower pots. The pot looks like it was once a helmet or not even close? The paint looks Italian. No markings anywhere that I c

?

Default Military Helmet turned Cooking Pot?

Hello

I have heard of many helmets turned into cooking pots and flower pots.
    The pot looks like it was once a helmet or not even close?
    The paint looks Italian. No markings anywhere that I can see.
    Thank you
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Military Helmet turned Cooking Pot?   Military Helmet turned Cooking Pot?  

Military Helmet turned Cooking Pot?   Military Helmet turned Cooking Pot?  

some were made into lamp shades , since it still has original paint it might have been used for a lamp shade or other things like a animal feeder used to scoop grain

I remember seeing a helmet that had a bunch of holes that was used as a strainer to rinse vegetables / drain pasta , etc

After the war in Europe the mass destruction of cities and towns and infrastructure led to many ingenious inventions in order to survive. Adopted from Soldier use in the field for cooking meals, helmets once again showed their use by making cooking pots, soup pots, colanders and many other basic essential crockery.

My mother in law and her family lived in Ludwigshafen Am Rhein and the city was nearly 75% destroyed by allied bombers. IG Farben industries was located in Ludwigshafen and it was a primary target for air raids. After the war my mother in law and her sister used helmets turned pots to make meals in.

My wife remembers seeing these cooking pots and colander in the attic of her aunts house for many years.. Sadly the last time my wife went to Germany to visit her Aunt, the attic had been cleaned out and the pots were no longer there.

I have been searching for one for many years now..

Below is a link to this interesting topic...

Making Pots From German Helmets 1946

Best regards, stay safe

Smitty

MAP
    ?
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Here is another example, M38 turned cookingpot. Military Helmet turned Cooking Pot?Military Helmet turned Cooking Pot?Military Helmet turned Cooking Pot? Military Helmet turned Cooking Pot? Military Helmet turned Cooking Pot?

MAP
    ?

To add, I don't recognize the shape of the OP's "helmet". But could have been cut down and reformed but doesn't look German or Italian.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I agree Map, the helmet has been modified/messed with beyond recognition.