Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Most wanted helmets - what's yours?

Article about: What’s the top of your Most Wanted list? Over the years I’ve been fortunate enough to find a number of Collection-ending helmets….but the collecting continued….’funny that…… I guess my lates

I don't think I'll ever stop collecting. Though to finish off my WW2 german section which is what I'm currently trying to do. I want to get a DD Luftwaffe m35 with the 1st pattern droop tail decal (though I'd settle for a 2nd pattern decal). My two favorite decals are the national tri color shield and the droop tail, also there's something about blue helmets I really like.

The other one which I'm sure I'll never find is a WW1 Adrian with the American insignia. I've never seen one in person but I have seen rarer prototype helmets at flea markets before so maybe it will turn up one day.

?

A WW1 general pickelhaube. And I'd really like a complete WW1 M18 "ear-cut-out" helmet

MAP
    ?

Quote by Politefaun View Post
    I don't think I'll ever stop collecting. Though to finish off my WW2 german section which is what I'm currently trying to do. I want to get a DD Luftwaffe m35 with the 1st pattern droop tail decal (though I'd settle for a 2nd pattern decal). My two favorite decals are the national tri color shield and the droop tail, also there's something about blue helmets I really like.

The other one which I'm sure I'll never find is a WW1 Adrian with the American insignia. I've never seen one in person but I have seen rarer prototype helmets at flea markets before so maybe it will turn up one day.
    You mean one of these??

You will also need the tunic to go with it....

"Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Yup. That's an amazing set, that helmet is in great shape especially the paint. Did they come together when you got them?

MAP
    ?

Quote by Politefaun View Post
    Yup. That's an amazing set, that helmet is in great shape especially the paint. Did they come together when you got them?
    No. I've had the helmet for many years. A US American Field Service Helmet. The tunic (also American Field Service) I pickup last year.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

a Chinese Nationalist M35 mfg by Germany for the Chinese during the early years

a nice original example of a German M35 / M40 in a larger sizes

WW1 German M16 / M17

I have no frikken idea on a want's for me! well, maybe the parts needed for my Prussian Guards pickle helmet relic thingy! but that ain't going to happen any time soon!

Hey Compo Mate. Are you going to be Santa Claus for us all? hehehehe

Nope...but I'm gonna be re-visiting this list every year so we can all tick off our successes........but who's gonna be first....???

Thanks for your addition!

DD m35 German helmet. That is the helmet i always wanted since i was a kid, i would wish there would be one under the Christmas tree haha but would know that wouldent happen .
    i have been side tracked with all the other stuff over the years and relay missed the boat on getting one. now the prices keep going up.....
    cheers mark.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast