Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Most wanted helmets - what's yours?

Article about: What’s the top of your Most Wanted list? Over the years I’ve been fortunate enough to find a number of Collection-ending helmets….but the collecting continued….’funny that…… I guess my lates

I certainly won't be. I'll keep quiet for awhile now.

yep....'trouble is...they'll probably KEEP going up too.

The key issue in the "Life v Helmet" clash is whether what you have spent the cash on is more important than a metal hat.....and if the answer's yes then you're getting things right. :-)

I note that 72 members have read this thread....so they MUST be helmeteers (it's in the title!).....so where's your?!

mpw
    ?

I'm not a helmet collector although I have one or two but definitely number one on my wish list would be a tin lid Royal Navy issue fro WW2. When dad signed up and whilst training as a shipwright he was issued with a bicycle and tin lid and assigned to a group responsible for locating un-exploded or time delay incendiary bombs dropped on Chatham dockyard and the surrounding areas. Although I guess he could have been issued with a civil defence helmet so I guess I will have to get an example of that type too..... then in the 50's he was issued a riffle and another tin lid and told to sit next to some canal in Egypt..... and I really like the Maltese camo... one thing is certain collecting is never ending!

...like this perhaps???

Most wanted helmets - what's yours?

?

Nice.

Top of my list is a Luftwaffe DAK, to top off my (otherwise) complete set of Luftwaffe tropical kit.

Not much to ask for.
    I know they exist, the key is the price, of course!

I’m sure I could think of some more, if I put my mind to it, but this is about ‘No.1’ after all.

For me it is a japanese navy para helmet but the price of these.

TWS
    ?

Sorry to be so basic, but i actually do want an FJ M38.

I just don't want to pay what they bring these days.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

WW2 m1 101st airborne 327th infantry Regiment helmet (Bastogne Bulldogs)

Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

MAP
    ?

Quote by tank destroyer View Post
    WW2 m1 101st airborne 327th infantry Regiment helmet (Bastogne Bulldogs)

Marty
    Yeah! Good luck with that quest Marty!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Argentinian Aluminum Paratrooper helmet used from the 1950's up through the 1980's

Regards Mark
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Most wanted helmets - what's yours?  

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast