Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Most wanted helmets - what's yours?

Article about: What’s the top of your Most Wanted list? Over the years I’ve been fortunate enough to find a number of Collection-ending helmets….but the collecting continued….’funny that…… I guess my lates

yep, 'fully with you on that....I've got a number of "collection-completing" lids over the years.....then, guess what......AND this list gets longer!!

A German WW2 helmet which i found myself on an Attic, a helmet where i am the first person to see or touch it since it was forgotten Ages ago, that would be a dream.

If we talk about helmets that money can buy, a nice Normandie Cameo helmet would be a dream come true, but so far my funds are not enough for such a piece, and they probably will not be for some years to come.

Yeah, it’s strange how over time the price seems to stay just out of reach :-)

MAP
    ?

Quote by MAP View Post
    .....Actually just a nice 1936 dated apple green DD Heer M35 with embossed liner and carabinier chinstrap....at a price I can afford
    Quote by Composite View Post
    OK, it's been nearly 2 years.....someone PLEASE tell me you reached your goal......

PS I haven't!
    Well I found a very early "apple green" DD M35 with an originally installed pre-1931 liner band and '31 dated leather. So most likey produced in '36

Mission "technically" accomplished....as the apple green is covered in Camo paint and has had a very long and hard life.

But I did get a '37 dated example as a filler.

"Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

...at last....one of us has achieved something!

I haven’t purchased my 101st A/B 327th glider dream helmet but added more chaplain’s
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Most wanted helmets - what's yours?  
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

Quote by Politefaun View Post
    I don't think I'll ever stop collecting. Though to finish off my WW2 german section which is what I'm currently trying to do. I want to get a DD Luftwaffe m35 with the 1st pattern droop tail decal (though I'd settle for a 2nd pattern decal). My two favorite decals are the national tri color shield and the droop tail, also there's something about blue helmets I really like.

The other one which I'm sure I'll never find is a WW1 Adrian with the American insignia. I've never seen one in person but I have seen rarer prototype helmets at flea markets before so maybe it will turn up one day.
    I did end up getting a named DD luft helmet later that year, which while I'm happy with for the most part I wish I had more "discipline" and waited for one that was in better condition. Also, while not a grail helmet trying to find a WW1 camo M16/17/18 with a nice pattern and color to it has been really hard.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Most wanted helmets - what's yours?  

...is it better to have SOMETHING whilst you look for a trade-up or have nothing but hope?

Often the biggest challenge is letting go of “fillers” when trade-ups have been acquired......

Quote by Composite View Post
    ...is it better to have SOMETHING whilst you look for a trade-up or have nothing but hope?

Often the biggest challenge is letting go of “fillers” when trade-ups have been acquired......
    I was actually thinking of trying to trade this one up for a 1st pattern decal example back in late July, but ultimately decided against it because of the price of the other helmet and not wanting to go through the hassle of negotiating through email over several days (also the postal situation with coivd didn't help). It's definitely hard to let go of some fillers especially if they have some personalization to them like a name like this helmet has. Having something in alright condition or slightly off from how you want it definitely makes it easier to wait a longer time to find the "perfect" item.
    Last edited by Politefaun; 08-25-2020 at 02:00 AM.

Definitly... named helmets are hard to let go, and i dont think i will ever let go my Named M35.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast