Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Most wanted helmets - what's yours?

Article about: What’s the top of your Most Wanted list? Over the years I’ve been fortunate enough to find a number of Collection-ending helmets….but the collecting continued….’funny that…… I guess my lates

Default Most wanted helmets - what's yours?

What’s the top of your Most Wanted list?

Over the years I’ve been fortunate enough to find a number of Collection-ending helmets….but the collecting continued….’funny that……

I guess my latest Most Wanted is something from the Russian Altyn / K6 stable…a true Russian “heavy”. They’re available…but I guess I want one for thirty quid! :-)

What do you want?

PS I posted this one here to avoid the inevitable “double decal SS” and FJ38s…..I know they’ll be on a lot of peoples lists tho

?

A minty blue m15 adrian. I really like the shade of the blue they used, if thats a justification for why. Oh and I suppose it has some nice history and all. Much more than a ww2 french m26 adrian for sure.

It wouldn't be 'collection ending' but it would be a Perfect Moment if I got an early Swiss M18 with original green finish and the short-lived two piece chinstrap. They do exist and are very occasionally found (in Switzerland, which is not where *I* live...). I once failed to get one on Ebay (didn't go for a massive sum but it I couldn't beat it at the time). They are genuinely rare. Next to that the rare version of the French mle45 Jeanne d'Arc with the green flock anti-glare finish. Now that's an uncommon helmet, definately. And next to *that* a few other Swiss types of the 1950s....see what I mean when I say it wouldn't be 'collection ending'?

And I wouldn't mind a complete set of pre-production test versions of the British Mk6 either. And after that...oh stop now. Wishing for the Moon again.

A nice early complete M1, with untouched paint, original webbing and leathers all for £50, well you never know.

?

Text book German late war no- decal m42.
    Not too much to hope for but I have been looking for one with a nice price for a while.

Quote by Jb4046 View Post
    A minty blue m15 adrian. I really like the shade of the blue they used, if thats a justification for why. Oh and I suppose it has some nice history and all. Much more than a ww2 french m26 adrian for sure.
    Same for me. (Outside of German WW2)
    D.

First type Airborne helmet, with the odd rubber rim known as a P helmet.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Most wanted helmets - what's yours?  
    Last edited by Jerry B; 11-13-2018 at 06:12 PM. Reason: added image
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Not that it going to happen but a hawley jump liner would be nice, I will have to hope to find one at a car boot sale. I am not paying the money that they would go for. In fact I don’t even think I’ve ever seen a original Hawley jump liner for sale when I think about it. Gives me something to dream about though! Am I sad!
    Rod

I'd love a Mk2 Brodie in either desert or Mediterranean camouflage, as that's the type my great grandfather would likely have worn. I already have my dream German helmet, so can cross that one off the list. My ultimate helmet purchase, if it could be anything, would be a mint or near-mint condition Mk1 Brodie. The original 'Tommy helmet', and an icon in of itself.

Regards, B.B.

MAP
    ?

I want a Double decal SS helmet!

you knew that someone (me) was going to poke the bear

Actually just a nice 1936 dated apple green DD Heer M35 with embossed liner and carabinier chinstrap....at a price I can afford
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast