Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

My Yugoslavian M59 , M59/ 85 collection

Article about: Searched the forum to add onto an existing thread but it seems the searches show either the earlier or later models and as my collection is a mixture of both thought i would just start a new

Default My Yugoslavian M59 , M59/ 85 collection

Searched the forum to add onto an existing thread but it seems the searches show either the earlier or later models and as my collection is a mixture of both thought i would just start a new thread,picked up these examples over many years as and when they came along and although each helmet is similar in many ways they all have there own individuality with one example showing SS style runes scratched into the shell My Yugoslavian M59 , M59/ 85 collectionMy Yugoslavian M59 , M59/ 85 collectionMy Yugoslavian M59 , M59/ 85 collectionMy Yugoslavian M59 , M59/ 85 collectionMy Yugoslavian M59 , M59/ 85 collectionMy Yugoslavian M59 , M59/ 85 collectionMy Yugoslavian M59 , M59/ 85 collectionMy Yugoslavian M59 , M59/ 85 collectionMy Yugoslavian M59 , M59/ 85 collectionMy Yugoslavian M59 , M59/ 85 collectionMy Yugoslavian M59 , M59/ 85 collectionMy Yugoslavian M59 , M59/ 85 collectionMy Yugoslavian M59 , M59/ 85 collectionMy Yugoslavian M59 , M59/ 85 collectionMy Yugoslavian M59 , M59/ 85 collectionMy Yugoslavian M59 , M59/ 85 collection
    Regards James

source: the www.

Quote by James C View Post
    Searched the forum to add onto an existing thread but it seems the searches show either the earlier or later models and as my collection is a mixture of both thought i would just start a new thread,picked up these examples over many years as and when they came along and although each helmet is similar in many ways they all have there own individuality with one example showing SS style runes scratched into the shell
    Here are two helmets that I received years ago.
    I believe these are model NE-44 helmets?
    YUGOSLAVIA

One of the two helmets has a "Sigrune" sprayed in black paint on the top of the shell.

Such helmets from the former Yugoslavia are not difficult to find here in Austria and they are found at almost every flea market here...

My Yugoslavian M59 , M59/ 85 collectionMy Yugoslavian M59 , M59/ 85 collectionMy Yugoslavian M59 , M59/ 85 collection

?

Hi James, nice display of your M59s. I like it.
    One thing caught my eye on this pictureMy Yugoslavian M59 , M59/ 85 collection

It this this modification of the former Yugoslavian insignia.
    Let's have a closer look.

Someone cut a section out, then engraved the four "C" & coloured it!

The 4 S in Serbia stands for “Samo sloga Srbina spasava” which means “Only Unity Saves the Serbs”. This motto is attributed to Saint Sava, the 13th-century Archbishop of the Serbs, and is seen as a symbol of unity among the Serbian people.

It is included in the actual Serbian Army indignia.

Regards. Jack

Use the forum search function under the search term NE-44 and you will find various interesting threads about this helmet.
    For example:

yugoslav NE-44/85 (M59/85) "Camo"

My Yugoslavian M59 , M59/ 85 collectionMy Yugoslavian M59 , M59/ 85 collectionMy Yugoslavian M59 , M59/ 85 collection

Quote by James C View Post
    [/ATTACH]My Yugoslavian M59 , M59/ 85 collectionMy Yugoslavian M59 , M59/ 85 collectionMy Yugoslavian M59 , M59/ 85 collection
    US chinstrap ? ...

Another, weathered, relic, helmet from the Civil War / War of Independence / War of Freedom / War of Secession, (however you want to see and interpret it individually...), in the former Yugoslavia, here a helmet of the JNA, the Serbian "faction" in this war ...

My Yugoslavian M59 , M59/ 85 collectionMy Yugoslavian M59 , M59/ 85 collectionMy Yugoslavian M59 , M59/ 85 collectionMy Yugoslavian M59 , M59/ 85 collectionMy Yugoslavian M59 , M59/ 85 collectionMy Yugoslavian M59 , M59/ 85 collectionMy Yugoslavian M59 , M59/ 85 collectionMy Yugoslavian M59 , M59/ 85 collection

Interesting single rune Marking on your land forces example Reibert so thanks for sharing as it really is a great example and also the reminder from your superb Ne 44 camo thread as i had forgotten i had commented in the past ,the Ersatz chinstrap is much thicker than the standard chinstrap on the barbed wire example so i am guessing maybe a modified utility strap of some sort but unsure of it's origin.
    Jack thank you for the kind compliment and well spotted on that particular example with the modified front sticker and also thanks for explaining in greater detail it's meaning so much appreciated ,just a shame these helmets display no manufacture or date stamps of any kind with the only markings seemingly to be from the individual wearers
    Regards James