MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Need Help! Unknown Steel Helmet

Article about: Hi everyone! Just got my hands on a bunch of german steel helmets and I would like to understand better what they are... other than just rust buckets! Just some sample pictures as they are i

?

Default Need Help! Unknown Steel Helmet

Hi everyone!
    Just got my hands on a bunch of german steel helmets and I would like to understand better what they are... other than just rust buckets!
    Just some sample pictures as they are in pretty much the same condition.

Any help is appreciated!

MAP
    ?

Welcome Max

Sorry to say but this is not a period WW2 German M42 helmet.

I do not know if it is a post war "other countries" helmet that has been tarted up to look like a German WW2 helmet or if it is a modern fake that has been artificially aged.

Take a quick look at this recent post which has a few examples to compare to.

M42 latewar or repaint?
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Thank you!
    I didn't got them as original WW2 helmets, so don't feel sorry!

I was wondering if there's any history in them.
    They do look quite old and the leather is falling appart.
    One of them has a russian newspaper "cushion" inside and I can make out one date on the text - looks like 1954.

?

Looks like a Bulgarian National shield ? Check out this link to get a start.

Bulgaria M36C - Brendon's Helmets

WW2 Bulgarian C type for sure here's one of mine. Note yours has remnants of a decal WW2 applied, if painted then it's post WW2 applied.

?

HA HA René has one of every thing in the pile

MAP
    ?

Quote by MadMax View Post
    Thank you!
    I didn't got them as original WW2 helmets, so don't feel sorry!

I was wondering if there's any history in them.
    They do look quite old and the leather is falling appart.
    One of them has a russian newspaper "cushion" inside and I can make out one date on the text - looks like 1954.

It might be a post war helmet from eastern Europe. In looking again. The decal appears to be Bulgarian. I am not familiar however with this countries helmets but the liner (aluminum strips) system does resemble what they used in the M36 helmets. See link below.

WW2 Bulgarian M36C

If I were you, I would research Bulgarian helmets and see if you can find a match.

Edit: Wow.....you guys are fast.......I took too long to type. With the rotated photo, I did not think it was an M36, but in looking again, I agree. It is.

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

René is so fast he lost his little green reputation lights under his name as he was typing! HA HA

MAP
    ?

Quote by Aldo View Post
    René is so fast he lost his little green reputation lights under his name as he was typing! HA HA
    He da man!

Funny though. I literally had my M36c helmet 15 inches away from me above my monitor the whole time. Right in my face so to say.

And in replying I was holding it in my hand, matching up the liner system with the photos, but the odd angle of the OP's photos made me think it was a completely different profile to the shell.

Just saw this as the last post appeared but for what it's worth I agree 100% that this is the Bulgarian M36

With a bit of looking around an example in a condition between the one in post #1 and the example (almost mint) shown by Rene will not be too hard to find!

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast