Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

New book on Russian helmets

Article about: I would like to bring to your attention a new book on Russian helmets, published by the Russian collector Ivan Karabanov. Ivan says - For a long period of time unique helmets were hidden in

Default New book on Russian helmets

I would like to bring to your attention a new book on Russian helmets, published by the Russian collector Ivan Karabanov.

New book on Russian helmets

Ivan says -

"For a long period of time unique helmets were hidden in various collections and produced different legends around themselves. It seemed that
    these masterpieces were stored forever in private collections and museums archives. But now time for changes has come.
    Today these collectables are available for everyone who is interested in the history of Russian steel helmet of the first part of the XX century. Several dozens of the unique steel helmets have left their hidden places and may be seen together
    in one.

This parade is presented in the book “THE HISTORY OF THE RUSSIAN STEEL HELMET 1916-1945”.

The book is published in the centenary of the introduction of a steel helmet in Russian army. This unique edition contains the history of the evolution of this type of protection equipment from 1916 till 1945. A lot of materials in the book are published for the first time. The book contains about 570 illustrations, archive materials, 504 pages in format 22.5 x 30.5 sm (8.86 x 12.01 inches).
    All chapters & illustrations have English translation.

If you have interest, please contact at Russian.Helmet.Book@gmail.com "

I already have my copy of this and it is most impressive. It is a really excellent product taken simply as a printed book, good clear layout, excellent printing, and a superb binding. Just lovely to handle and read.

The English translation by Dmitry Belanovsky and P Raab is just excellent, fluent and highly readable. The entire Russian text is translated, not just a summary. Lots of photographs, each one with both Russian and English captions.

Already I feel much better informed (and surprised) by the sections on the 'Sohlberg' and 'Leningrad' helmets. This is a really substantial piece of work and I'd recommend it to anyone even if their focus of interest is other than Russian helmets of this period (and it is outside mine, generally). It is a fine example of how to do a helmet history/reference really well.

I find myself wishing and hoping for a follow-up volume on post-1945 helmets. That would, for me, be even more exciting and interesting. But this volume is a wonderful thing in itself. I certainly recommend it.

The book is priced at 120 US dollars with INCLUDES postage, but please check with Ivan about that first. Paypal payments are accepted.

New book on Russian helmets New book on Russian helmets New book on Russian helmets New book on Russian helmets

Very nice!
    Thank you for bringing this to my attention!

Dom
    ?

Really a great book , absolutely necessary to all those interested in the history of Russian helmets

I know that this thread is 3 years old, but I was still wondering if there was any place that I can still buy this book from, or if anyone has a copy that they would like to sell.

Have you tried emailing Ivan at Russian.Helmet.Book@gmail.com ? Alternatively I have found one copy on ABE AbeBooks | Shop for Books, Art & Collectibles and Amazon Germandy seem to have tat least one copy. Both at similar prices to the original sale price.

Thank you for the suggestions. Yes, I have tried to email Ivan but I have to gotten an email back.

If anyone has a copy available for sale, please let me know.