Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Polish WZ63 Para Helmet, Used and Named

Article about: Hi all. I have wanted one of these for a while. Picked it up at a surplus shop for a good price. I know that these are readily available in unissued condition but I like the fact that this h

Default Polish WZ63 Para Helmet, Used and Named

Hi all. I have wanted one of these for a while. Picked it up at a surplus shop for a good price. I know that these are readily available in unissued condition but I like the fact that this has obviously been used and is named. There are no markings and I have read that this was due to these helmets being exported to the DDR? Is this accurate or just an erroneous variation? Cheers.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish WZ63 Para Helmet, Used and Named   Polish WZ63 Para Helmet, Used and Named  

Polish WZ63 Para Helmet, Used and Named   Polish WZ63 Para Helmet, Used and Named  

Polish WZ63 Para Helmet, Used and Named   Polish WZ63 Para Helmet, Used and Named  

That's strange....no markings at all? Usually the inner shell crown has a black stencilled mark and the inside of the pigskin tabs have stamps on too. There's been quite a debate (I can't recall which forum) around trying to identify, from any of the marks, which ones were DDR-used and which ones stayed next door......I've not heard a solution...but with no marks at all perhaps it can be whatever you want it to be.........

Thanks for that Composite. I was not aware of stamps on the tabs but just had a look and there is the number "54" stamped on one. Not that that helps much I suppose. Doesn't bother me too much who used it. They are just a cool helmet

Quote by Spitace41 View Post
    Thanks for that Composite. I was not aware of stamps on the tabs but just had a look and there is the number "54" stamped on one. Not that that helps much I suppose. Doesn't bother me too much who used it. They are just a cool helmet
    Just in case (sorry if I am stating the "bleedin' obvious") anyone doesn't realise it, 54 is the size so this one is a "peanuthead" size

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

..is that an official designation? :-)

Maybe that's what the writing on the liner says......

My example has no markings either... other than the size that is.

Perhaps that's THE key difference we've been looking for.....inner crown stencil or not???? 'Clutching at straws here but..........

Quote by Composite View Post
    ..is that an official designation? :-)
    Yep, the opposite of "Buckethead"

I'll look again at mine but I don't recall any markings

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

This is what's often inside the crown.....something like.....

....and this one CLEARLY says.....errr...."M1 1A 111J!"...errr...no...it's "HI 11 19z!".....no, no it's defo "M1 II 197!".....no...wait a minute.....how about "H1 1A 1971"......

well it says SOMETHING....and it's black....well, I say black..it could be a very very dark green.......

either way, it's in a DDR version....and my Polish one doesn't have anything..........queue Twilight Zone music......'not sure how one would write that bit....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast