Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Polizei/BGS stahlhelm?

Article about: Got this stahlhelm from a friend who got it from his friend near Hamburg assuming its either Polizei or BGS one, is this assumption correct? Seems to also have a fake ww2 stamp on liner, cou

Default Polizei/BGS stahlhelm?

Got this stahlhelm from a friend who got it from his friend near Hamburg assuming its either Polizei or BGS one, is this assumption correct?
    Seems to also have a fake ww2 stamp on liner, couldn't find any stamp on the helmet itself.
    Sorry for the picture quality.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polizei/BGS stahlhelm?   Polizei/BGS stahlhelm?  

Polizei/BGS stahlhelm?   Polizei/BGS stahlhelm?  

Polizei/BGS stahlhelm?  

I believe quist made these helmets post war for the police, almost like the war time ones but the air vents, front visor is a bit shorter and no interior markings so I’m fairly certain that this is what that is. I believe the liner is a reproduction of a ww2 style liner.

Hi, mates, I do not have any doubts regarding the marking M1943 ...

"M53" Bereitschaftspolizei Hamburg

That's great news, btw were they always with the decals or sometimes without like this one?

+1 Nothing wrong here!

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Thumbs up

I thought this type would be the M40 / M51?

yes, it appears to be correct , probably a police helmet because it has a glossy paint finish , the BGS or Border Guards usually have the rough non glare type paint

Quote by Darthsoldier View Post
    That's great news, btw were they always with the decals or sometimes without like this one?
    Not every Police in all states of the Federate State of Germany introduced such helmets showin´ a decal.

Hello,

This is an M51 helmet of the Berlin police with typical interior and olive paint.

Here is the link to the correct reference article

Helmet M1951 - Police of Berlin

(@Admin: could you actually pin them too?)

Hello,
    the headdress is authentic, early model with 5 hole tabs and full leather on the front.
    If the color is brown, as the photos suggest, it is a Berlin BePo helmet without a badge.

Due to the manufacturer, the "M1943" stamp can be found on the early inner lining.

In 1943 uniform quality standards were drawn up in the leather industry. The leather was processed according to these specifications.

Regards

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast