MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Question about an M1 clone of the ÖBH / Austrian Armed Forces

Article about: Here's the shell of a Stahlhelm Zwo married with an M75 Innenhelm (liner). Were M58 helmets (unmodified) later still used together with the M75 liner in the ÖBH / Österreichisches Bundeshe

Question Question about an M1 clone of the ÖBH / Austrian Armed Forces

Here's the shell of a "Stahlhelm Zwo" "married" with an M75 Innenhelm (liner).

Were M58 helmets (unmodified) later still used together with the M75 liner in the ÖBH / Österreichisches Bundesheer ? ...

I would like to show you images of the "M58" "Stahlhelm Zwo" with an Innenhelm "M75".

The liner is stamped with the logo of the company Ulbricht's Witwe, Schwanenstadt, next to it with SCH and, underneath, with 83 in a circle.

In the dome of the shell, in the rear area, the stamp in white colour:
    U.SCH.59
    (stands for Ulbricht's Witwe, Schwanenstadt and the year the shell was manufactured)

And underneath, close to the edge of the shell in black colour, the stamp
    HBA

in a rectangle
    Stands for: Heeresbekleidungsanstalt.

My question:
    The "Stahlhelm Zwo" ("M58") became the "Stahlhelm 1" through the modification by attaching a new, modified, chin strap and applying a new paint job to the shell, before the "M75" in the ÖBH was introduced, am I seeing that correctly? ...

In the helmet I have here, the shell is an unmodified M58, in which an M75 liner is supplied.

Was the helmet at the ÖBH actually still worn in such a "composition" during the Gefechtsdienst, during service and in operations, or were the shell and liner accidentally put together at some point later? ...

Thx. in advance,
    R.

Question about an M1 clone of the ÖBH / Austrian Armed ForcesQuestion about an M1 clone of the ÖBH / Austrian Armed ForcesQuestion about an M1 clone of the ÖBH / Austrian Armed ForcesQuestion about an M1 clone of the ÖBH / Austrian Armed ForcesQuestion about an M1 clone of the ÖBH / Austrian Armed ForcesQuestion about an M1 clone of the ÖBH / Austrian Armed ForcesQuestion about an M1 clone of the ÖBH / Austrian Armed ForcesQuestion about an M1 clone of the ÖBH / Austrian Armed ForcesQuestion about an M1 clone of the ÖBH / Austrian Armed Forces

2.):
    Question about an M1 clone of the ÖBH / Austrian Armed ForcesQuestion about an M1 clone of the ÖBH / Austrian Armed ForcesQuestion about an M1 clone of the ÖBH / Austrian Armed ForcesQuestion about an M1 clone of the ÖBH / Austrian Armed ForcesQuestion about an M1 clone of the ÖBH / Austrian Armed Forces

3.):
    The Liner

Question about an M1 clone of the ÖBH / Austrian Armed ForcesQuestion about an M1 clone of the ÖBH / Austrian Armed ForcesQuestion about an M1 clone of the ÖBH / Austrian Armed ForcesQuestion about an M1 clone of the ÖBH / Austrian Armed ForcesQuestion about an M1 clone of the ÖBH / Austrian Armed ForcesQuestion about an M1 clone of the ÖBH / Austrian Armed ForcesQuestion about an M1 clone of the ÖBH / Austrian Armed ForcesQuestion about an M1 clone of the ÖBH / Austrian Armed ForcesQuestion about an M1 clone of the ÖBH / Austrian Armed ForcesQuestion about an M1 clone of the ÖBH / Austrian Armed Forces

Very Nice. I have never seen one before.
    John

"Was the helmet at the ÖBH actually still worn in such a "composition" during the Gefechtsdienst, during service and in operations, or were the shell and liner accidentally put together at some point later? ..."

I'd say Yes to both, and regarding the first proposition, would the end-users have actually cared much or at all about the apparent mismatch?

Time here to remind people of Olivier Dorrell's good little book -

Only available via Amazon so far as I know (Oli told me he has no copies in hand). Its good, I like it.

Quote by Greg Pickersgill View Post

Time here to remind people of Olivier Dorrell's good little book -

Only available via Amazon so far as I know (Oli told me he has no copies in hand). Its good, I like it.

Hi,
    I bought this book some time ago and think it is a good, informative reference work.

You can read in the book that the various liners from older versions were still used in the "M75" (in the "M75" shell).

However, I could not find any indication that the "M58" ("Stahlhelm 2") was continued to be used in a form that was not modified to the "Stahlhelm 1" together with the liner introduced in 1975.

A few days ago, I received a helmet from Austria with a similar T1 chin strap.

Question about an M1 clone of the ÖBH / Austrian Armed Forces Question about an M1 clone of the ÖBH / Austrian Armed Forces Question about an M1 clone of the ÖBH / Austrian Armed Forces Question about an M1 clone of the ÖBH / Austrian Armed Forces Question about an M1 clone of the ÖBH / Austrian Armed Forces Question about an M1 clone of the ÖBH / Austrian Armed Forces

Looks like a Police / Gendarmerie helmet.