Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Questions about a GSG9 / SEK helmet

Article about: Hi, mates, Among other things, I like to collect helmets from the BGS / GSG9 / SEK´s, as long as they are offered in my area. I bought this helmet because of these pictures, which I am allo

Received the helmet.

I not only discovered a single welded hole in the shell, but also two more from what it looks like.

It almost looks to me as if the helmet had a face shield, (riot visor face shield), in its previous life which was later removed and the helmet restored to its original condition.

In my opinion a beautiful, personified, very heavily used helmet of a SEK or the GSG9.

The spanner bolts are magnetic.

Questions about a GSG9 / SEK helmetQuestions about a GSG9 / SEK helmetQuestions about a GSG9 / SEK helmetQuestions about a GSG9 / SEK helmetQuestions about a GSG9 / SEK helmetQuestions about a GSG9 / SEK helmetQuestions about a GSG9 / SEK helmet
    Last edited by Reibert; 12-08-2022 at 06:39 PM.

Questions about a GSG9 / SEK helmetQuestions about a GSG9 / SEK helmetQuestions about a GSG9 / SEK helmet

The replica of a Wehrmacht-Luftwaffe helmet camouflage cover is even stamped with a Reichsbetriebsnummer !

Questions about a GSG9 / SEK helmetQuestions about a GSG9 / SEK helmet

I was very pleased that the seller of the helmet also packed a helmet chin-strap in the package as a surprise !

Questions about a GSG9 / SEK helmet
    Last edited by Reibert; 12-08-2022 at 05:06 PM.

Quote by Sleepwalker View Post
    Hello,

yes, that had to do with the fact that some SEK were equipped by the federal government (BUND). Therefore they received GSG9 material. Helmets procured by the federal states differed in color and sometimes also in shape.

Regards
    the data sheet

Questions about a GSG9 / SEK helmetQuestions about a GSG9 / SEK helmetQuestions about a GSG9 / SEK helmetQuestions about a GSG9 / SEK helmetQuestions about a GSG9 / SEK helmetQuestions about a GSG9 / SEK helmetQuestions about a GSG9 / SEK helmet

None of you have an opinion on whether this "helmet model GSG9" hasn't also been equipped / "modified" with a helmet visor, (additionally, and "due to use" and/or for "use-specific" training purposes) ? ...

In another forum, a fellow collector wrote me the following in response to my inquiry about the helmet:

"In the late 1980's to mid 90's we did quite a few conversions on helmets including some 'GSG9' models.
    Attached were breakpoints for visors, splinter protection, bulletproof devices and night vision devices, pure testing of the attachments, not the helmet.
    The attachment points are about the same as the helmet shown.
    But, at that time, many ambitious POL armourers were still able to test and develop things themselves, little was uniform and a lot was in flux.
    "

I am of the opinion, based on his information, and the fact that he wrote "we", this colleague was an armorer, or kit manager with an authority (in my opinion the police).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2