MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Rare Estonian/ Polish helmet M40 ( Wz39)

Article about: There shown a example of Estonian M 40 helmet (experimental Polish, which was sold to Estonia) Shown example was issued for cleaning a farm's toilette

?

Default Rare Estonian/ Polish helmet M40 ( Wz39)

There shown a example of Estonian M 40 helmet (experimental Polish, which was sold to Estonia)
    Shown example was issued for cleaning a farm's toilette
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Rare Estonian/ Polish helmet M40 ( Wz39)   Rare Estonian/ Polish helmet M40 ( Wz39)  

Rare Estonian/ Polish helmet M40 ( Wz39)  

?

Default picture from the Estonian army order book

example on the soldier
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Rare Estonian/ Polish helmet M40 ( Wz39)   Rare Estonian/ Polish helmet M40 ( Wz39)  

?

Original configuration, but unfortunately without the chinstrap. Usually this is Polish one for WZ 31 helmet. Some WZ 31 was also used by Estonian army, probably smal quantity of them was mixed with the Swedish/Polish/Estonian M 38/40 helmet.

Rare Estonian/ Polish helmet M40 ( Wz39)   Rare Estonian/ Polish helmet M40 ( Wz39)  

?

A couple of other M 40 examples which was re-issued by Soviet army in the 1941 year in Estonian battlefields.

Rare Estonian/ Polish helmet M40 ( Wz39)   Rare Estonian/ Polish helmet M40 ( Wz39)  

?

Default Here is period pictures

War time, used by Red Army soldiers
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Rare Estonian/ Polish helmet M40 ( Wz39)  
    Attached Images Attached Images Rare Estonian/ Polish helmet M40 ( Wz39) 

osip
    ?

Default re: Rare Estonian/ Polish helmet M40 ( Wz39)

I doubt that that soldiers of Red Army.
    Thanks for photos of a helmet I restore such helmet. These photos are very useful to me
    Last edited by osip; 09-27-2007 at 05:31 PM.

?

at the left side you can see the soldier with the standart corner type collartabs on his greatcoat. Also 2 of the soviet NAVY soldiers in black uniforms, one still wear his NAVY cap. Also the first guy who are smoking, wear typical Soviet M35 visor hat with sqare visor.
    Here I attach one more picture show the POWs in the center of Tallinn, one has similar helmet
    Attached Images Attached Images Rare Estonian/ Polish helmet M40 ( Wz39) 

osip
    ?

I think, that the right soldier carries steel helmet Ssh-39. Especially it is 1944 .When the Soviet war industry worked at full capacity also helmets was enough.

osip
    ?

Forgive I has made a mistake. It is 1941. And a steel helmet not Ssh-39
    Last edited by osip; 09-28-2007 at 10:36 AM.

?

Another one clear picture of the Estonian helmet on the Naval sniper
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast