Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Romania M73/80

Article about: I added this M73/80 Romanian helmet to my collection a couple of months back the helmets design dates from pre-WWII, the shape and the liner are based on the Dutch M-34 which were supplied t

?

Default Romania M73/80

I added this M73/80 Romanian helmet to my collection a couple of months back the helmets design dates from pre-WWII, the shape and the liner are based on the Dutch M-34 which were supplied to Romania in 1939 it replaced the Romanian M-73 .
    This particular example is nicely marked and is dated 1983 and after I clean it up a little it should display rather well on the shelf .

Regards Mark
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Romania M73/80   Romania M73/80  

Romania M73/80   Romania M73/80  

Romania M73/80  

not too long ago these use to be very hard to get, now they are very easy find at very reasonable prices, the Romanians must have sold off their old stock of steel combat helmets

Im glad they finally started importing these interesting helmets, Ive wanted one for a long time, they do have a unique appearance very similar to the Dutch M34

a guy on youtube did a ballistics test on one of these Romanian M73/80's and the helmet deflected bullets better than expected

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gr60...ZumMEf7Q_aiQo8

?

Hi BG I have always as well liked the design of these helmets and have just waited for an example in my price range being sold either hear in Canada or the US to keep the shipping costs down.
    They do seem to rather fluctuate in price though as some sellers still believe they are rare and hard to source I put a very low bid on this example and if memory serves me correct I paid a whopping $12.00 ,US I was rather surprised it sold for so low to be honest .
    The postage was three times more than the helmet
    I do find them rather heavy and the helmet body is magnetic so the quality of the steel used in construction does come into question IMO .
    I will have to check out the link later I suspect that the curvature of the helmet body may have had some bearing on the ballistics tests though.

Regards Mark

Im curious what model my helmet is considered? it's dated 1976 since it doesnt have the Romanian badge

I guess it's a M73 Transitional? or the M73/80

hi mark ,can i say what a great example i also have yet to add one but is on my wish list and can i say im really enjoying the diverse selection of helmets you've been posting of late ,good stuff mate and thanksjames

?

Thanks James I have always enjoyed helmets from around the world and have a few more to post up yet but as many examples that I am intrested in come from Asia and or the EU. it does tend to limit my choices somewhat as the international postage costs and customs duties are normally quite high and even signed and tracked out of the US is not cheap as was mentioned on the example above.

Regards Mark

?

Quote by battle gear View Post
    Im curious what model my helmet is considered? it's dated 1976 since it doesnt have the Romanian badge

I guess it's a M73 Transitional? or the M73/80
    BG I may be wrong but I thought the badged examples were considered for parade and or ceremonial use and the plain steel were army issued.

Regards Mark

mark as a world helmet collector myself you've really been wetting my appetite of late so im really looking forward to what you bring to the table next mate

mark can i ask if the rear leather nape is still present ,it looks the case from the photo

?

Yes it is James I had it unfolded when it arrived for cleaning sorry the images are the sellers with any luck I can move out side again soon to start taking some pictures .

Regards Mark

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast