Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

salty czech vz 53 pickup

Article about: my latest find ,a vz 53 ,nice patina and unusual light colouration to shell leather chinstrap is old and hard ,no liner but has band ,inside is just as rough with only the crossed swords sta

?

Default Re: salty czech vz 53 pickup

Quote by col james View Post
    hi opex yes it is kind of chalky ,you describe it better than i could as i just couldnt put my finger on the right texture

Hi James, I used to own a lid with a similar paint finish, I can only imagine it was as a result of extreme weathering, very much like your example.

great ssh lid battle gear ,i can see similarities with the paint on mine ,and cheers russ thanks for looking ,and i agree its not just a surplus unissued one that most seem to be ,thanks james
    Regards James

Thumbs up Re: salty czech vz 53 pickup

James,

Here is a couple of photos of our Afghan Ssh68 that shows the heavy weathering similar to your Czech 53, very likely spent time in the same place. And just for fun I included a couple of photos of our Czech 53. I like our helmet but it obviously has not seen much more than a storge box or shelf......

Ssh68
    salty czech vz 53 pickup

salty czech vz 53 pickup

Czech 53
    salty czech vz 53 pickup

salty czech vz 53 pickup

Regards,

Russ & Son

thanks for showing russ ,very nice ,its great for comparison
    Regards James

Afghan boy walks next to pile of Russian made helmets in the Panjshir Valley, some 100KM (63 miles) north of Kabul, Afghanistan

August 10.2005

James C, your helmet reminds me of something that might have come out of a pile like this somewhere in Iraq or Afghanistan, possibly a battlefield pick up
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture salty czech vz 53 pickup  
    Attached Images Attached Images salty czech vz 53 pickup 

many thanks BG i think you have hit the nail on the head ,it definately looks the same wear wise even down to the aged look on the chin strap ,thanks yet again for some superb pictures ,its always a pleasure to have your knowledge and thoughts here

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2