Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Serbian / Croatian / Bosnian helmets with inscriptions

Article about: The Serbian helmet has a shaved red star and some Bosnian inscriptions on the inside. They are: January 1988 , May '89. This helmet was used in January 88 and also gluttony . I don't know wh

?

Default Serbian / Croatian / Bosnian helmets with inscriptions

The Serbian helmet has a shaved red star and some Bosnian inscriptions on the inside. They are: "January 1988", "May '89. This helmet was used in January 88" and also "gluttony". I don't know what the last one means.
    On the front flap, it says: "II S V" with pen and "P7Z", crossed out on top.
    I don't know what conflicts this type of helmet was used for. Would you have any good ideas?

The other helmet is a German model from DDR. It was a model used during the Croatian war by the Croats, together with other models of helmets.
    There is an inscription on the liner that I can't quite understand ... I would appreciate any help!

I hope you enjoyed it and would like to know your impressions and what you think !!!

Thanks

Serbian / Croatian / Bosnian helmets with inscriptionsSerbian / Croatian / Bosnian helmets with inscriptionsSerbian / Croatian / Bosnian helmets with inscriptionsSerbian / Croatian / Bosnian helmets with inscriptionsSerbian / Croatian / Bosnian helmets with inscriptionsSerbian / Croatian / Bosnian helmets with inscriptionsSerbian / Croatian / Bosnian helmets with inscriptionsSerbian / Croatian / Bosnian helmets with inscriptionsSerbian / Croatian / Bosnian helmets with inscriptionsSerbian / Croatian / Bosnian helmets with inscriptions

?

Correcting an error:

The correct thing about the inscriptions on the helmet is:
    "They are:" January 1988 "," May '89. This helmet was used in January 88 "and also" guja ".

About DDR helmet, the inscription is somebodys surname I think (looks like Croat), other Word I can't see.

For other helmet that is Yugoslav M59/85 version and inscription is refering to some soldier (conscript) that wore that helmet during the 1988 and 1989, Januarac is some kind of nickname and that was before breakup of Yugoslavia.
    After break up and start of the Yugoslav Wars it was probably used by Croat or Bosnian side because red star is stripped. It was common prsctice by those sides showong in that way partition from old state.

Regards,

?

Hello Kamuflaza,

Thanks for the clarifications and comments! It certainly helped me to understand the pieces better.

I will try to post better pictures of the name inscribed inside the helmet.

The Serbian helmet also has an inscription "Guja", in a place that is difficult to take a picture of. I imagine it is a name or a nickname too.

regards

Yes, you are correct Guja is nickname it means Snake in Yugoslav Languages.

Januarac it means like January Man, Man from January. Probably it is about the month that he stated the service in the army.

?

Thanks for your help Kamuflaza!
    It is always very interesting to understand these inscriptions, which sometimes seem mysterious in the old pieces

?

A Croatian colleague managed to read the name on the German helmet. He is: Beržaj, Stjepan.

Croatian Ustasha helmet from Bosnian war.

Serbian / Croatian / Bosnian helmets with inscriptionsSerbian / Croatian / Bosnian helmets with inscriptionsSerbian / Croatian / Bosnian helmets with inscriptionsSerbian / Croatian / Bosnian helmets with inscriptionsSerbian / Croatian / Bosnian helmets with inscriptionsSerbian / Croatian / Bosnian helmets with inscriptions