Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Serbian helmets

Article about: Hello guys, I have 2 Serbian helmets here. Bringback from my tour in Kosovo in 2002. The green one is a Army helmet, the blue one Police. What is the value of these helmets please? Thx, Kris

?

Default Serbian helmets

Serbian helmetsSerbian helmetsSerbian helmetsSerbian helmetsSerbian helmetsSerbian helmetsSerbian helmetsSerbian helmetsSerbian helmetsSerbian helmetsSerbian helmetsSerbian helmetsSerbian helmetsSerbian helmets

Hello guys, I have 2 Serbian helmets here. Bringback from my tour in Kosovo in 2002. The green one is a Army helmet, the blue one Police.
    What is the value of these helmets please?

Thx,

Kris.

Default Re: Serbian helmets

These helmets are not specifically Serbian, they are actually Yugoslav, from before the partition and civil wars. The red star on the front was a symbol used up to that period, and often later replaced by a specifically Serbian emblem.

They are often known as Ne-44 helmets, but perhaps more correctly as the M59. Actually the two you have are M59/85 models, which have a removable liner (the originals did not).

As to monetary value, the simple answer is they are worth whatever anyone will give you at the time you wish to sell them. These used to be quite rare but have for obvious reasons become more common recently. If I were selling on eBay, for example, I would start at maybe 10 euro and hope to get 20.

I see these exact helmets with red star on ebay for $20 - $25 buy it now price US price

but they're always from sellers in Serbia and they cost $25 shipping to the USA
    Last edited by battle gear; 10-11-2011 at 02:58 AM.

?

m73 helmet for that green this helmet for swop

gmiserbia
    ?

Hello,
    this helmet's is not from Serbian army. That helmets worn by Yugoslavian Peoples Army (JNA) to 1992. Here in Serbia helmets like this cost around 5 to 20 Euro.

?

Yugoslavia prewar helmets,army and police. Used ofcourse by all sides in war.Bu this markings are Yugoslav.

Hey Kris, you have you been?

Very nice helmets and concur on the price.....we have an M59 and a M59/85 got them both fur uder $25 US....shipping was near as much as the helmet. They look great on the shelf

Russ & Son

this helmet reminds me of the Chinese GK80 steel combat helmet by the way it's made

the Albanians often used the Chinese helmets
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Serbian helmets  

?

Very interesting topic Guys, here's an example from my collection, I have good reasons to believe this lid was used in Serbia, from information supplied from it's previous owner, the camo cover of course is designed to fit the M89 composite, and did not come with this lid, I just think it looks better on display with this cover attached.

Opex.

Serbian helmets
    Serbian helmets
    Serbian helmets
    Serbian helmets
    Serbian helmets

Hello KRISSE!

It is nice to see that you have Yugoslavian/Serbian helmets!
    I am from Ex Yugoslavia, now Serbia and I have plenty of helmets (non used, and used in Balkan wars in the 90s). In Serbia, it is really easy to buy a helmet. We have military surplus stores where you can find anything from ex JNA (Jugoslovenska Narodna Armija), but after 2010, Serbian army sold all of his reserves from the 80s 90s, so now, the situation for the collectionists are not good... But I bought so many things after 2000. If I can ask you, how much money you spent for these helmets?

Here are my kevlar helmet (non used - I have a mini users manual for this helmet too!, with original decal set).

Serbian helmetsSerbian helmetsSerbian helmetsSerbian helmets

I have a dosen of ex JNA steel helmets. (non used, from the Balkan wars, old type, new type etc.)

Serbian helmetsSerbian helmetsSerbian helmetsSerbian helmetsSerbian helmetsSerbian helmetsSerbian helmetsSerbian helmets

And plenty of police helmets too.

Have a nice day, and greetings from Serbia

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast