Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Show and Tell your World Steel Helmet Haul for 2016

Article about: Might as well get the ball rolling for this year and see just what you fellow collectors have have added to your Helmet pile for 2016 Really chuffed this year to add two french para helmets

Default Show and Tell your World Steel Helmet Haul for 2016

Might as well get the ball rolling for this year and see just what you fellow collectors have have added to your Helmet pile for 2016
    Really chuffed this year to add a french para TAP 56
    Also a HSAT 72 my favorite aquisition of the year
    a few others Romanian M73 and M73 para
    A true First series example M78 F1 with fixed bails
    First pattern liner in the m31 style bundeswehr m60
    MKIV Turtle riot Helmet , Danish m48 ,Soviet 1948 dated shell Ssh 40 Modified /Motorised ,Hungarian M50/70
    A Yugoslavian M59/85 Relic and finally a Middle East M1 War relic still under discussion on a separate thread Show and Tell your World Steel Helmet Haul for 2016Show and Tell your World Steel Helmet Haul for 2016Show and Tell your World Steel Helmet Haul for 2016Show and Tell your World Steel Helmet Haul for 2016Show and Tell your World Steel Helmet Haul for 2016Show and Tell your World Steel Helmet Haul for 2016Show and Tell your World Steel Helmet Haul for 2016Show and Tell your World Steel Helmet Haul for 2016Show and Tell your World Steel Helmet Haul for 2016Show and Tell your World Steel Helmet Haul for 2016Show and Tell your World Steel Helmet Haul for 2016Show and Tell your World Steel Helmet Haul for 2016Show and Tell your World Steel Helmet Haul for 2016Show and Tell your World Steel Helmet Haul for 2016Show and Tell your World Steel Helmet Haul for 2016Show and Tell your World Steel Helmet Haul for 2016Show and Tell your World Steel Helmet Haul for 2016

Is that all?

Thanks Steve

Nice hunting ; )
    Diverse and good quality
    Congrats
    Bruno

MAP
    ?

None to show for me James, but you have definitely NOT been on the naughty list!! Nice!!!!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

More great junk there James Mate

That's really nice Haul for 2016 James!!!
    and thanks for getting the 2016 fav lid finds party started!!!
    Im still catching up with this years additions...
    problem is...... I have run out of display space......so I have "boxed" up most of this years goodies.... so it will take a while to "re-discover" and get them posted!!!
    off hand.....
    Danish M48 CF issued.. early shell, late liner..so im on the hunt for a "smelly" early liner.... luckily I know exactly where to find one!!! you know where I mean James!!!..... next years W&Pr show!!!
    Three...or four Iraqi,....2-3 M80..... one M90..however.....one may be Korean or Taiwanese issued, for the composite faves thread!!!
    Singaporean M1 mint unissued!!,
    not a Helmet as such.. but another Austrian "10" lobe liner!!,

and my absolute favourite find of the year!!!!.....has to be my Rare Austrian M75 ...... or should I call it the M86!!!! ????
    Its one of a limited run of 1000, Schuberth supplied trial M1 type steel helmets made for the Austrian army in... wait for it..... 1986!!!!!!!! and no...I had never heard of them either!!!! but im really chuffed to have one!!!!

photos and detailed separate threads to follow......

looking forward to seeing all your 2016 treasures people!!!
    post away!!!!!!

I seem to have spent virtually all my disposable cash on helmets this year. Which wasn't a vast amount of money overall, but I do spend a lot of time searching the web for good stuff at good prices so the prizes mount up.

I do rather wish I kept all the 'new' stuff separate so I could answer questions like this properly, but I have to rely on an increasingly foggy memory. Several UK Mk 3/4/5, certainly, with two or three early Mk6 from unusual makers - some featured here. A couple of Romanians, one an ex-Dutch with Romanian reline, and the other a real Romanian M50 with all the stamps, not as common as you'd think. A small heap of Hungarian M50 (all cheap and there was a very sensible reason for buying so many, I swear!), and three Portuguese M40-series, which I can never resist.

A small number of other composites too, including a Norwegian Cato-Ringstad and an unusual UK National Plastics product. And a couple more bought because I couldn't identify them at all - and still can't really - but I really enjoy the 'detective' aspect of collecting.

But my favourite overall is this French mle45 Jeanne d'Arc; not the only Jd'A I bought this year, but the most recent and this time in the less-common Army khaki rather than Air Force blue. The mle45 is a very pleasing helmet just to simple *look* at - an elegant, almost beautiful design. A bit of a failure as an issue helmet, I know, but a genuine ornament to my living room.

Show and Tell your World Steel Helmet Haul for 2016

That MLE 45 is a real stylish lid Greg!!! Thanks for showing!!!

Thank you Greg for Show and telling i do like viewing more than imagining the MLE 45 is a real beauty so congratulations ,can i ask if it is complete with liner and also did these have a chinstrap of sorts ,forgive my question as I'm not familiar with this model type
    Thanks James

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast