Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Spanish helmets evolution from 1921 to 1985. Part 1 of 3.

Article about: I'm pleased to present the evolution of Spanish helmets in my possession. While skipping the technical part I will point out something interesting about each of them. I've planned 3 parts. P

?

Default 2 more things & thanks Estonian for those nice photos.

Hi guys, I'm already back! First let me post the paratroopers & marines M1s liners photos forgotten! While at it, can somebody identify the meaning of the "II" above Schubert Werke initial seen in both liners?

The Marines one.

The para one

The SW liner logo

The next one is interesting. I needed a Spanish helmet chin cup. Found one, paid more than for the helmet for it, anyway look at the picture of it! I've used the chin cup & the strap & got a piece of helmet with the bail in souvenir!

A very lovely read! Spain (along with Finland) has some of the most interesting helmet history. There's just so much variety!

here's a short reeview of the Marte series from a few years ago -
    The Spanish MARTE series.

I haven't had the time to think much about them recently, so maybe someone can come up with new information. I didn't include the Marte 4 at the time because...well, I can't remember why not...maybe because mine didn't have a label (I'm keen on labels...) They're probably up to the Marte 8 by now anyway. Or was everything changed with the COBAT helmet? So easy to lose track of all this stuff!

?

A very lovely read! Spain (along with Finland) has some of the most interesting helmet history. There's just so much variety!
    OslusGaming, thanks for your comments, you are so right!
    Amazing helmets & I've only scratch the tip of the iceberg

?

here's a short reeview of the Marte series from a few years ago -
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/balli...ighlight=marte

I haven't had the time to think much about them recently, so maybe someone can come up with new information. I didn't include the Marte 4 at the time because...well, I can't remember why not...maybe because mine didn't have a label (I'm keen on labels...) They're probably up to the Marte 8 by now anyway. Or was everything changed with the COBAT helmet? So easy to lose track of all this stuff!

Thanks Greg for your comments & for that good link. Within this thread I present only the first composite to establish a link with the steel ones, lucky me! I know what you mean, takes time to figure out variations if ever. Once you think you have it, then that weird one pops out of nowhere & it starts all over again!.. Aren't we all mad a little bit?.. Jack
    Last edited by Jack59; 04-25-2023 at 08:25 PM. Reason: Quote added

Rwo more links within this forum for people who might get enthusiastic about the M65 -

Spanish M65 OTAN F1 - Military Police Model

Spanish Model 65 M-1 Medic

Jack59 - thank you for your posts and for taking the time to photograph the helmets so well for us...not a plant, camo net or cat in sight......perfect!

Superb collection Jack thank you for sharing
    Regards James

Good job, Jack.
    Thanks for your effort.

Regards
    Santi

?

Greg, again thanks for another good link. Composite, James, Aldo, Santi & all of you, thanks for your support.

Found an interesting article about men who put on a lid for a cause The Spanish Civil War's forgotten Arab Republicans | Middle East Eye
    Here's the photo if the link some how disappear.

I intend to put wood in the fire so it doesn't die down.

Same with you guys, for anything related, post it. Thanks. Jack

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast