Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Spanish Model 42 ( Modelo Z)

Article about: I have had this Modelo Z for a number of years and I have been busy doing a little reading up on the different variations to the liners and the paint schemes that were applied to the shell .

?

Default Spanish Model 42 ( Modelo Z)

This thread is open to one and all that would like to share there Spanish Model 42's/79 and or Variations of or share information in regards to these helmets and there components .

I have had this Modelo Z for a number of years and I have been busy doing a little reading up on the different variations to the liners and the paint schemes that were applied to the shell .
    I am of the opinion that this particular modelo is an earlier variation due to the brass liner retention rivets and raised brass air vent grommets as apposed to the flattened down steel rivets and raised steel vents and or the post 1979 straight on drilled holes for the vents that are found on later produced models the chinstrap IMO is original to the helmet and un-altered.
    The liner as well appears to be of the earlier original three tongue variation as apposed to the reworked web style liners of post 1979 as to the grey color on the exterior of the helmet body there as far as I know are two lines of thinking about the application of this color they were either issued and used by the Gaurdia Civil and or the Navy.
    Further reading suggests that if the have been painted grey in side and out that they were factory produced and painted for service in the Gaurdi Civil and if the paint has only been applied on the exterior of the helmet body they are a repainted army helmet that were then reissued out to the Navy.
    Now as I am trying to properly classify this particular helmet for my collection and get all of the details right I would appreciate some further input from you gents on the subject .

Regards Mark
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Spanish Model 42 ( Modelo Z)   Spanish Model 42 ( Modelo Z)  

Spanish Model 42 ( Modelo Z)   Spanish Model 42 ( Modelo Z)  

Spanish Model 42 ( Modelo Z)   Spanish Model 42 ( Modelo Z)  

Spanish Model 42 ( Modelo Z)  
    Last edited by Mark K; 03-14-2015 at 08:33 PM.

hi mark ,im glad you managed to pick one of these up especially with the earlier liner and also nice to see you diversifying away slightly from your usual collecting interests ,not that im knocking your awesome canadian mk11 collection quite the contrary im not the best person to answer your questions as ive asked the same ones myself about my example ,ive often wondered how these have evaded the latter liner upgrade and yet seem like new almost as if stocked away someplace ,yours shows some great shell paint wear and tear ,just how i like them ,mine is so new and sterile looking its hard to fit into my less than mint helmet collection ,ive seen similar m79 examples with the same wear and colour paintwork as yours ,if you dont mind ill just watch from the sidelines and hope to learn too ,thanks for posting james

?

Thanx for commenting James I have always found them interesting helmet there is some rather contradictery information on line though when it comes to variations in the liner retention rivets and the Grey color paint as seen on the example above it would be nice to get some clarification.

Regards Mark

hi mark mine too has the brass liner rivits ,the paintwork seems to be more a plastic coating like the shell was dipped in solution rather than paint applied ,here's a few old pictures ive pulled from my hardrive i also noted just how poor the liner rivit placement was and the shell overall seems asymmetic Spanish Model 42 ( Modelo Z)Spanish Model 42 ( Modelo Z)Spanish Model 42 ( Modelo Z)Spanish Model 42 ( Modelo Z)

?

Thanx for adding your example as a comparitive James it would be nice to see a thread dedicated to the Modelo Z and it's many different variations in paint and components.

Regards Mark

i could'nt agree more mark ,from my point of view very little information is known or openly shared ,it would be good to have a dedicated thread to clarify all our questions

?

Hi,are you aware of this website......ESPAÑOL Z 42
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

?

Many thanks for the link Pete I will have a proper read tonight after work I did not realize there was such a variety of camo covers that were implemented and used in the Spanish Army.

Regards Mark

many thanks pete the site is very interesting so i will save to my favorites ,i too never realised so many camo cover patterns exsisted ,the stahlhelm shape is hard to ignore and also the covers are very reminicent of the waffen ss

Default My Spanish lid

Hi Guys,
    I have attached pictures of my Spanish helmet. I have had this for over 20 years and used to wear it when I played paintball, on Halloween, all the things a crazy teenager does. but I digress

anyway thanks for the thread, to the object in question

As you can see its been repainted but it seems to be the exact same color and brand of paint . maybe repainted and reissued?

Spanish Model 42 ( Modelo Z)Spanish Model 42 ( Modelo Z)Spanish Model 42 ( Modelo Z)Spanish Model 42 ( Modelo Z)Spanish Model 42 ( Modelo Z)Spanish Model 42 ( Modelo Z)Anywy

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast