Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

STSh-81 [sfera]

Article about: Found this: Sfera The Сфера (Sphere) series helmets are bullet resistant helmets of titanium and steel manufacture with protective GOST ratings of 1 and 2 respe

?

Default STSh-81 [sfera]

Just wanna show my new arrival Soviet titanium helmet for special forces.

It's an early full titan one.
    Enjoy

I hope you all know where did I get the idea to display a helmet with gas mask ...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture STSh-81 [sfera]   STSh-81 [sfera]  

STSh-81 [sfera]   STSh-81 [sfera]  

Default Re: STSh-81 [sfera]

Ph3's that is a superb looking lid I've had one of these on my watch list for some time ,I'ts just the price tag that's stop me from buying ,can i ask how the helmet is put together, the plates do they fit over an inner liner etc
    Last edited by James C; 01-16-2022 at 05:41 PM.

Wow, I have always wanted one of those, congratulations! I have seen one with a green cover, but did they make camo covers for these?

I have always been led to believe they were for special forces
    Last edited by James C; 02-01-2022 at 08:56 PM.

?

I'll make couple of photos in the morning gents. As for the covers, soviet had two colour: green and black. Later on, as it's stell in service in at list 3 exSU republics, excluding Russia itself, different types of cover appeared. The most famous is Russian 'gorod' (urban).

The helmet itself is those three plates, they go into hat. The hat has kinda pockets for the side ones. Inside it has comfy pads on the inner hat structure.

Next to it it's not a para, I recently got one actually but it's still in the post. Its' British MK6A.( i gues I need one FM12 now)

You are more than welcome to use the idea with gas masks, the person who has shown me that concept wouldn't mind I'm sure

?

Here we go
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture STSh-81 [sfera]   STSh-81 [sfera]  

STSh-81 [sfera]  

Wow, the interior loks really comfrotable.

?

From what I read, they are amazingly comfortable, and provide great protection. I want to get my hands on one of these someday, shame they're so damn hard to get for a good price.

Nitram

?

Nice SPETSNAZ lid.
    I've never seen that concept before.
    thx for posting

?

it's cophy as pillow, I was lucky got it from an ex-service man from Georgia. Prices for full titan even in Russia are high. Mixed metal-titan are slightly cheaper. Last mixed one I saw for sale in Ukrainian auction has been sold for like £100

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast