Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Swedish M26 Helmet

Article about: Hi All, Last one for today out of a few of my steel helmet collection. This was a purchase a while back from a local antiques shop, sat in the bottom of a cabinet. I noticed the label stuck

Default Swedish M26 Helmet

Hi All,

Last one for today out of a few of my steel helmet collection.
    This was a purchase a while back from a local antiques shop, sat in the bottom of a cabinet. I noticed the label stuck on the top first and then saw that it was still written in Swedish which appears to be "inleverer från Falköping", although I'd happily stand corrected.

The M26 was designed as a simplification of the M21, this does not have an Swedish Crown markings and is likely to have been used as a civil defence or "Civilförsvaret" helmet. It retains its original grey paint, original chinstrap and liner.

Matt

Edit: On closer look it looks to be "Inlevererad från Falköping" which Google translate suggests is "Submitted From Falköping"
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Swedish M26 Helmet   Swedish M26 Helmet  

Swedish M26 Helmet   Swedish M26 Helmet  

Swedish M26 Helmet   Swedish M26 Helmet  

Last edited by Steelhead10; 09-18-2023 at 09:07 PM.

Hi all,

Just an update that I forgot to mention/failed to note intially. This helmet has two extra rivets on the front, I'm unsure what this would have originally been.
    I have noted that police M26 helmets had crests, but that these are usually painted black.

Matt

?

These helmets we fitted with a gold colored badge when issued to the police. The badge was fixed with two threaded studs. It looks like the holes have been blocked with rivets on yours.

World War Helmets - Casque Modele 26

Steve