Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Swiss M18/40/43 Named

Article about: Hi all, I've just added this to my small collection. The liner is marked with a name which corresponds to the initials etched into the steel. The initials are B. V. and the name on the leath

?

Default Swiss M18/40/43 Named

Hi all,
    I've just added this to my small collection. The liner is marked with a name which corresponds to the initials etched into the steel. The initials are B. V. and the name on the leather is Bruno Velkin. The shell has two stamps + and 1 (Swiss cross and the number 1). If anyone can chime in on further observations that would be awesome.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Swiss M18/40/43 Named   Swiss M18/40/43 Named  

Swiss M18/40/43 Named   Swiss M18/40/43 Named  

Swiss M18/40/43 Named  

Interesting, where precisely are the stamps - I'll need to check mine!!

?

On the inside back a tad down from the liner band space. I'd be interested in what you find. I understand that they are not often stamped or just too hard to see.

Quote by Bullet View Post
    On the inside back a tad down from the liner band space. I'd be interested in what you find. I understand that they are not often stamped or just too hard to see.
    Cheers Bullet, I did find what appears to be a 1? on one of mine, the other seems to have nothing?

?

Ah yes.. certainly does look to be an elusive stamping. Nice one!

?

do you think this is also a heat stamp, or just wishful thinking?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Swiss M18/40/43 Named  

Cool find! Interesting to see one with the stamps like that. Any way to trace the provenance through the name?

This post made me want to check out my M18/40 (I know, not a 43 but still) and found this.
    Swiss M18/40/43 Named

From left to right, there is a very faint 5999 then a red 8. Anyone know what this is?