Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

thank you austromunga

Article about: just to give thanks to a great forum member and an asset to the forum especially in the steel helmet section ,when i thought all my items had landed for this year one last package arrived to

Thanks for your kind words James.... and everyone!! I'm relatively new to this forum... and already have benefited from the wealth of knowledge and generosity to be found here!!! Thanks everyone!!!

I would just like to show here a little appreciation to James for all his help this year!!!..... and for items he sent me just a couple of months ago!!! ....So here's a few pics of the results!!!!

Thanks to James for the following....

Some Amoeba tarn material.. for my M62 Bundeswehr stalhelm and the tip for where to source the correct steel clipped Bundeswehr issue net (for a reasonable price too!!!)
    I'm really very happy with the final result!!!

The Belgian camo material for my Belgian M51/53 and section of rubber tyre inner tube for fitting it!!

For the Danish woodland/DPM cover for my Danish M1 clone (yet another piece of inner tube band used)

I also made a band for my Vietnam infantry pot with Michell cover to complete the Marine look!!

Thanks again!!!! and wising you all the very best for the new year!!!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture thank you austromunga   thank you austromunga  

thank you austromunga   thank you austromunga  

thank you austromunga  

many thanks for the kind words brad and gary and also a thanks to you austromunga ,just seeing the finished results on your collection is reward enough ,its also great seeing the west german tarnetz /ameoba combination too it looks fantastic ,im just glad to help out a fellow lid collector your passion for the steel helm is even greater than mine ,i look forward to what you bring to the table for our viewing pleasure in 2015

?

Just for your interest, here is an early pattern DPCU liner.....apparently a rush order for the lids we took to Timor...this is my own helmet from 1999
    The cover is marked and features the very early Velcro loops to attach it to the liner
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture thank you austromunga   thank you austromunga  

thank you austromunga   thank you austromunga  

very nice indeed tony ,thanks for showing your very nice issued example ,great provenance too were these pasgt's built under licence in australia?,thanks again ,james

?

I believe they were for a time.....
    Only 1 pic seems to have popped up, will reload the other 3

its fine ,i can see four pictures

?

Thanks mate.... Before we got the covers, we were given M1 helmet nets to chuck on them.....

I know the first lot ever issued to those from 1 RAR that went to Somalia in 93, were US lids....mine was made in Australia.....and in fact, the lid I wore in Iraq in 2005 was also made here.

Quote by AMTG View Post
    Just for your interest, here is an early pattern DPCU liner.....apparently a rush order for the lids we took to Timor...this is my own helmet from 1999
    The cover is marked and features the very early Velcro loops to attach it to the liner
    Here's a maker mark '97 from the same cover type

?

Nice one rene.......

?

That is very interesting AMTG I always assumed the Oz forces only wore US issue Pasgt helmets not home produced models,so I have learned something new today. It would be great to this example and more like it in the Composite helmet thread as I do not believe there are any examples there

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast