Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Are these helmets a good buy?

Article about: Original German M40 WWII Type Steel Helmet- Finnish M40/55 Contract – International Military Antiques Are these helmets a good buy, or should I steer clear?

Default Are these helmets a good buy?

?

Please post pics direct to this site. Links are no good for future reference when the linked site is gone.

Here are the pictures of the helmets.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Are these helmets a good buy?   Are these helmets a good buy?  

Are these helmets a good buy?   Are these helmets a good buy?  

Here id also the item description:
    "IMA acquired the last of all the known WWII German helmet stocks from the government of Finland. These helmets are 100% genuine German manufactured WWII type M40 steel combat helmets that were produced by German WWII helmet manufacturer Hans Römer Fabrik from Neu-Ulm (Donau-Freiberg).
    Supplied throughout WWII and then under special contract for the Finnish Army in 1955, hence, they have become known as the M40/55 helmet. However, these helmets were made in the same factory, on the same machines and by some of the very same people that produced them for Germany in WWII. They are nearly identical to WWII issue M40 helmets (and are often sold as such) with the classic rolled edge, correct steel thickness, and pressed ventilation holes. Furthermore, we have very good reason to believe that some of these shells are sanitized German WWII M35 and M40 helmets; meaning some are genuine WWII shells that had all stampings rubbed out and original paint removed to avoid the allied ban on West Germany selling war materiel after WW2."

?

Are you buying them as finnish or german helmets?

Quote by OsiusGaming View Post
    Hello

Some years ago my wife tried to be nice and bought something from them as a present for me.. german stuff.. she used our mastercard.. only to find out after the transaction that our card and informations was being stolen and used for car rentals in the US!

We did run a case against them and turned out there was some rotten apples in their customer service.
    Luckily we was insured and got all of our money back..

But not a place ima usa i would recommend for anybody...

I have dealt militaria many places in the world and never experienced anything like that before...

Just a heads up..
    I am sure others have had good experiences with them.. only telling from our experience with them.

Best regards,
    Lt. Col
    Ullergaard

Ok, thanks! I was just curious if this site was legit at all seeing as how the price for this helmet is literally under $60. After hearing about the credit card issues they brought you, it now instantly goes onto a 'steer clear' website list for me.

I've purchased several dozen items from IMA-USA before and never had a problem with them. IMA-USA are a very legit company. They are very well known as the people who bought out the royal arsenal of Nepal years ago. There's nothing "fly-by-night" about them, and they have excellent customer service. I bought one of these helmets from them, actually, and I was very pleased with it. It is a neat helmet, but do not count on getting a refurbed WW2 shell from them, you will almost certainly get a post-war shell. The one I got seemed either unissued or had been very carefully refurbished by the Finns. The price is cheap because they have, literally, thousands of these helmets. The price has steadily come down on them because I think everybody that wanted one got one (I actually have two, I got another off Ebay for cheap) early on.

These helmets have been messed about with so much, some have extra holes drilled into them to mount a more modern liner. They might have been made in 1940, but if you intend to collect German militaria then don't waste your money with one of these. You could by an original solid she'll and original liner ring for the same money and have a better item.

Each to their own I guess.
    Last edited by BlackCat1982; 09-02-2018 at 08:15 PM. Reason: Typo

A nice shelf filler for the price!...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast