Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

For translating label & script from an Japanese Self Defence Forces M66 helmet.

Article about: Hi folks, I need help for translation of this helmet cover label & also from script inside a M66 helmet's shell from the late 80s. Both from the JSDF. Thanks.

?

Default For translating label & script from an Japanese Self Defence Forces M66 helmet.

Hi folks, I need help for translation of this helmet cover label & also from script inside a M66 helmet's shell from the late 80s. Both from the JSDF.

Update: I've asked for help in the Japanese Militaria thread where I've got better chances to get help. Thanks.
    Last edited by Jack59; 07-26-2023 at 03:54 PM.

Looks like the defence agency stamp and the lower marking could be signed by the individual wearer of the helmet perhaps but not sure, hope you gain some closure Jack
    Regards James

?

Looks like the defence agency stamp and the lower marking could be signed by the individual wearer of the helmet perhaps but not sure, hope you gain some closure Jack
    You bet James! As soon as I get the translation, I'll present the M66.
    Soon hopefully!

?

Let me share the translation from two kind members, they are great. Thanks again guys.

From Kiipu:
    Bōeichō 防衛庁 Defense Agency
    Buppin Bangō 物品番号 Article Number: 8415-160-6108-5
    Hinmei 品名 Product Name: Meisai Tetsubō Kutsugae 迷彩鉄帽覆 Camouflage Helmet Cover
    1988-Nendo 1988年度 1988 Year: The last character is too faded and out of focus to read.
    From ghp95134:
    丸紅 (株)
    Marubeni, Ltd.
    Post-war Marubeni was predominantly a textile trading firm at its outset, but diversified into machinery, metals and chemicals, with textiles barely forming a majority of its business by the end of the decade.

Inked name:
    福永勝仁
    Fukunaga Katsuhito

On rim:
    東海林 (完)
    Shōji (Kan)
    Given name (end/complete)
    I have no idea!!! I thought it was "Tokairin", but after googling the kanji I find it is a given name, Shōji. I have no idea what 完 means in this context. Used by itself, 完 means "End/Finis" that you could see at the end of a movie picture.

-- Guy
    ありがとう! Jack

For the curious, come have a look at the helmet:
    Japanese Ground Self Defence Forces M66 helmet.
    Last edited by Jack59; 07-29-2023 at 03:52 PM.