Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

UN kevlar helmet

Article about: Just puchased this beautiful UN kevlar helmet. According to the seller it might be from the 1980´s but I would love to find out a bit more about it. There is a marking S-2 inside of it. Is

Jan
    ?

Default UN kevlar helmet

Just puchased this beautiful UN kevlar helmet. According to the seller it might be from the 1980´s but I would love to find out a bit more about it. There is a marking S-2 inside of it. Is that for size?

Best,

Jan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture UN kevlar helmet   UN kevlar helmet  

It may be best seeing if the Mods can move this thread to the Ballistic Helmet section

Jan
    ?

Sry, my mistake there.

Best

Jan

Looks very much like a US PASGT - a shot of the interior might confirm that. Is 'S-2' really the only marking? If moulded into the dome of the shell it would be a size indicator for a PASGT. The helmet might well be from the 1980s - these were in service from 1982-83 = but not necessarily US-used in United Nations blue. Widely distributed as aid/sold since the 1990s. I believe (but could be wrong) the only way of dating a PASGT is from ink-stamps in the shell; if these have been overpainted or never applied it would be hard (impossible?) to tell.

Jan
    ?

Thank you do much. I will absolutely post more pictures when I have the helmet "in hand".

Best Jan

Great find, looking forward to the new pictures. Chin strap certainly points it to be US made.
    Last edited by reneblacky; 09-27-2020 at 02:20 AM. Reason: added text

Jan
    ?

Hi guys,

Seems like the date of the helmet is 1985 (according to the seller it is stamped/marked on the inside of the shell). I will post more photos in a weeks time.

Best, Jan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture UN kevlar helmet  

Jan
    ?

Hi guys,

The helmet arrived in the mail yesterday. Here are some more shots of the interior of it. The S-2 and the 85 markings are quite clear but I can´t figure out the third one. All help welcome here!

The chinstrap is nicely patinated and worn and the same can be said about the rim 8especially on the front) side of the helmet. The interior (harness) is very clean and looks like it could have been replaced at some point (but I´m not sure abot that).

Best,

Jan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture UN kevlar helmet   UN kevlar helmet  

UN kevlar helmet   UN kevlar helmet  

UN kevlar helmet  

Jan
    ?

Added this nice small but wonderful item to my UN collection

Best, Jan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture UN kevlar helmet  

Definitive a PASGET "K-Pot" manufactured by DEVILS LAKE SIOUX

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast