Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Unknown Helmet

Article about: hello all....going to play the lazy card and as I am sure someone knows what this is and can ID it for me.....just grabbed it from a local antique mall, looked military legit and was cheap s

Default Unknown Helmet

hello all....going to play the lazy card and as I am sure someone knows what this is and can ID it for me.....just grabbed it from a local antique mall, looked military legit and was cheap so I just grabbed it....

has a german style liner, three small rivets holding the liner in and there are a couple of markings...looks lightly used to me....

thanks for helping !

Unknown Helmet
    Unknown Helmet
    Unknown Helmet
    Unknown Helmet
    Unknown Helmet
    Unknown Helmet

?

Its a Czech made Vz53 model helmet. You may find a date stamp on the inside of the liner.

Steve.

Steve...thanks !....much appreciated, it seems it's dated 1954, it had an eastern europe/middle east vibe to it....cost me $55 so I'm happy with that, would've been $60 but the guy couldn't get his card reader to work so he had to settle for the cash I had.....

side note :....I see you're from Bend, I ran into a guy at the Albany gun show who just came back from the SoS...I bought a few things from him but he had other interesting stuff, he said he was from Sisters and may have a shop there...any idea who that may be ?.....thanks again
    "Youth would be an ideal state if it came a little later in life" - Herbert Henry Asqulth

Quote by KatManDude View Post
    ....cost me $55 so I'm happy with that, would've been $60 but the guy couldn't get his card reader to work so he had to settle for the cash I had.....

Honestly, not really a bargain ...

BTW, as far as I know, such CSSR helmets were also delivered to the North Vietnamese as "armament aid".

well probably not but first one I've seen up in my neck of the woods...I'm guessing in the flohmarkt they fetch 20 euro or so ?
    "Youth would be an ideal state if it came a little later in life" - Herbert Henry Asqulth

?

Quote by KatManDude View Post

side note :....I see you're from Bend, I ran into a guy at the Albany gun show who just came back from the SoS...I bought a few things from him but he had other interesting stuff, he said he was from Sisters and may have a shop there...any idea who that may be ?.....thanks again
    I don't know of anyone in this area that has a shop with Militaria, I've searched Sisters a few times, it's a bit of a desert (funnily enough) with respect to militaria over here, I've only ever found one helmet since I moved here.

I'm not sure $55 is a bad price, you can get them cheaper on ebay but with shipping it comes out the same or a bit more. Finding stuff where you don't expect has the edge on the internet anyway.

Steve.

thanks....I'm thinking the guy may own a gunshop and only deals the militaria on the side....he had some nice stuff