MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Vz. 32 mysterious holes

Article about: Hello I want to identify a helmet I recently bought from a seller for just 8 euros He told me It was a Czech helmet, and that I could take it for a low price just because it had damage on th

?

Question Vz. 32 mysterious holes

Hello I want to identify a helmet I recently bought from a seller for just 8 euros
    He told me It was a Czech helmet, and that I could take it for a low price just because it had damage on the dome.

The helmet appears to be WW2 from the fact that it has rivets instead of Split pins.
    I assume it was reused by fascists because it has some hint of black paint above the rust

The seller sold two of these, one intact and another one with a bullet hole.
    The strange thing is both of these have two empty pin holes at the front (where the "Luftshutz" emblem would usually sit) that I couldn't find on any example of a Vz. 32 online
    On the more intact helmet, there were even pins on the two holes, whereas this one has none
    This is what I am talking about:

Vz. 32 mysterious holes

The holes look crudely put there, almost as if somebody deliberately drilled them there.
    I only ever see these kinds of crude pinholes on Early or Late war Stahlhelms

Can somebody help me identify these mysterious pinholes? Here is another pic to prove I am indeed talking about a Vz. 32:

Vz. 32 mysterious holes

Feel free to ask for more pics

They look like bullet holes to me

Didn't know that Czech ww2 helmets had rivets instead of splitpens. Mine has splitpens and the stamp imho indicates production in 1935 ?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Vz. 32 mysterious holes   Vz. 32 mysterious holes  

Vz. 32 mysterious holes   Vz. 32 mysterious holes  

?

Quote by Helmcollector View Post
    Didn't know that Czech ww2 helmets had rivets instead of splitpens. Mine has splitpens and the stamp imho indicates production in 1935 ?
    My bad, I meant the chinstrap lugs only
    After the war some Vz 32s were made with split pin chinstrap lugs instead of rivets
    The liner lugs have split pins

?

Quote by TheGoon View Post
    They look like bullet holes to me
    They are not bullet holes, they look like holes in which you would put a badge similar to the Adrian and some Yugoslav kingdom helmets

Aren't these holes too big for that ?

here is a french M35
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Vz. 32 mysterious holes  

?

Quote by Helmcollector View Post
    Aren't these holes too big for that ?
    It seems they are too big
    I don't know much about older helmets so I was speculating

The other helmet that was in the shop did have some rivets in the holes (if I remember correctly) but had no liner
    Btw if it helps, I bought this in Macedonia

MAP
    ?

What does the inside of the holes look like?

Not sure why this is in the German steel helmet section. I will move it later when I'm back
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

To me they are definitely not holes that would attach a badge

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast