Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

West German Helmet in a Interesting Location

Article about: Today I decided to stop into a local comic shop in the back of some plaza. I'm a big fan of warhammer and other tabletop games, so I figured there had to be something interesting in there. A

Default West German Helmet in a Interesting Location

Today I decided to stop into a local comic shop in the back of some plaza. I'm a big fan of warhammer and other tabletop games, so I figured there had to be something interesting in there. And boy, I was not wrong. On the wall, they had this helmet hanging by it's chinstrap.

I asked whether or not the helmet was for sale. They said it wasn't as a lot of the gamers like to wear it when playing. Unfortunate as a West German Helmet is one I've been looking for, but I know next to nothing about them nor are they ever seen in my area. What a weird day.

Hello,

yes this is a West German police helmet, probably the Berlin police, in the last version without ventilation and rivet holes and the inner lining M1953 (improved inner lining M31). These helmets were manufactured / worn until 1994.

Regards

So is that red label the original owners name?

Hello,

Yes. K. Böttcher is the policeman who was given the helmet for service.

He's probably been retired for a while.

Regards

One more thing: you see the mark on the screen? Tangled LS in a circle and 64?
    That is the manufacturer Linnemann & Schnetzer from Ahlen. 64 is the shell size.

I cannot make out the color correctly in the pictures.
    I guess it's gray is that correct?
    That would be the police of the "Free City" West Berlin.

MAP
    ?

And if you were a kid in the 60's/70's....you would instantly recognize the label

So I would guess this helmet was used around that time period.

"Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

This helmet was more akin to a dark charcoal color rather than a gray, I would say. From about 30 feet away on a grayish blue wall, it looked black until I got closer.

Quote by MAP View Post
    And if you were a kid in the 60's/70's....you would instantly recognize the label

So I would guess this helmet was used around that time period.

Still used in the 80's here.

MAP
    ?

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    Still used in the 80's here.
    They actually still make them I think. Or at least until the turn of the century......
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

That's pretty funny you found it there, slap on the Imperial Aquila and an Adrian style comb then you'll have a death korps of krieg helmet. Not saying anyone should actually deface an original helmet though.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast