MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

West German Police Helmet ? ...

Article about: Hi mates, I have a helmet with a three-point attachment that I have not seen before (at least not on such a helmet). This is an M53 I will now, (step by step), show images of this helmet her

Question West German Police Helmet ? ...

Hi mates,
    I have a helmet with a three-point attachment that I have not seen before (at least not on such a helmet).

This is an M53

I will now, (step by step), show images of this helmet here in the thread.

Maybe one of you helmet collectors has seen such a lid at some point?

Thx. in advance,
    R.

West German Police Helmet ? ...West German Police Helmet ? ...West German Police Helmet ? ...West German Police Helmet ? ...West German Police Helmet ? ...West German Police Helmet ? ...West German Police Helmet ? ...

West German Police Helmet ? ...West German Police Helmet ? ...West German Police Helmet ? ...West German Police Helmet ? ...West German Police Helmet ? ...West German Police Helmet ? ...

West German Police Helmet ? ...West German Police Helmet ? ...West German Police Helmet ? ...West German Police Helmet ? ...

Received this odd M53 with another helmet from the same seller.

West German Police Helmet ? ...West German Police Helmet ? ...West German Police Helmet ? ...West German Police Helmet ? ...West German Police Helmet ? ...West German Police Helmet ? ...West German Police Helmet ? ...

BTW, both helmets were manufactured by L&S / Linnemann & Schnetzer

The seller of the helmet wrote to me that the helmets he still owns and one of his collector colleagues definitely come from Eutin, Schleswig Holstein, and were worn until the introduction of the titanium helmets that are in use today.
    But this only from the 1. Einsatzhundertschaft in der Bereitschaftspolizei SH bei Einsätzen gegen "Bewaffnete Störer" / 1st operational hundred in the riot police SH in operations against "armed disruptors".
    The helmets are actually "old", "normal 53s", which were then converted because the "old" chin strap no longer met the requirements.

Another collector wrote to me that the helmets were also used at Zoll / customs in der Anzeigerdeckung beim Schießen mit dem G-3 / cover of indicators when shooting with the G-3.
    He writes, he also has photos of it.
    Let's see if he shows me these photos.

Quote by Reibert View Post
    Another collector wrote to me that the helmets were also used at Zoll / customs in der Anzeigerdeckung beim Schießen mit dem G-3 / cover of indicators when shooting with the G-3.
    He writes, he also has photos of it.
    Let's see if he shows me these photos.
    In the meantime I have received a photo of the customs officer and on the photo I can only see a normal chin strap for the BGS helmet.

But it is interesting that on my helmet the leather cover on the suspension has been shortened and also the second hook for attaching the chin strap has been removed.

Here, for comparison, what it should actually look like.
    Received such a helmet today, will show pictures soon.

These helmets of the BGS have somehow done it to me.
    There are various, different, versions of it and the design of the helmet is iconic.

West German Police Helmet ? ...West German Police Helmet ? ...West German Police Helmet ? ...West German Police Helmet ? ...West German Police Helmet ? ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast