Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

what is this helmet worth?????

Article about: Thank you guys for the comments, I was not telling him to restore or not, it was just some info for references. That was his question right? And I agree with you guys about sometimes its bet

dbale
    ?

Default what is this helmet worth?????

i have an original m1 C paratrooper helmet with an inland mfg. liner the canvas harness is gone but both of the D bales are still intact.... the helmet has a Lt bar painted on the front and a larger one on the back... it also has one heart painted on each side. can anyone please give me some information or guide me to the right person to help me out. thanks, Dbale
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture what is this helmet worth?????   what is this helmet worth?????  

what is this helmet worth?????   what is this helmet worth?????  

what is this helmet worth?????  

?

Default Re: what is this helmet worth?????

that is a very rare US lid you have there the last time i asked about this type i was told if i ever found one the shell alone would be about £1000 upwards but that was some time ago so im not sure of there worth now.

where did you get this one do you know the history ?????????

Thumbs up Re: what is this helmet worth?????

J. Murray, INc, 1944 - M1 Helmets is the best web site for restoration supplies and you can find original stuff plus get an idea of the price of your helmet, also if you need the decals, the best site for it is www.military-steel-helmets-and-decals.com

I did fix one for my friend here is some pictures

Diego
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture what is this helmet worth?????   what is this helmet worth?????  

?

DO NOT what ever you do restore that helmet its worth more as is & even more so if you know the history behind it. these types of helmets are very hard to come by in any condition so to restore it would be a big no no

Yes....leave the lid alone.....it will only loose value if it gets "restored"!

Rob

?

First, your helmet is not an M-1C, it's actually an M-2 D-loop paratrooper helmet. The M-1C was a later introduction into WWII and was based on the swivel loop design.

If indeed this is an original M-2, it's got a value of about $7,000.00 to $10,000.00. Since 101st AB marked helmets are the most faked helmets out there, I'd have to see more pictures with close-ups to determine authenticity.

Also, why is poster #3 talking about restorations of helmets??? This has nothing to do with the original question and quite frankly is something to be brought up in a reenactors forum and not on a collectors thread.

?

i was going to bring up the whole faked thing as these are so rare but i was hoping to get more info on the history. but unfortunately i have no experience with these types of helmets so wouldn't no where to start to decide this issue.

as for poster 3 Diego i thinks its just over enthusiasm no harm done

?

Quote by NickD View Post
    as for poster 3 Diego i thinks its just over enthusiasm no harm done
    Yeah, I guess I was a little too enthusiastic in jumping on it also.

?

he seems like a good guy does love his restoration's as well, does a bang up job on them from what ive seen

anyway as for the helmet in question on your first look at the pic's whats your gut instinct telling you yay or nay

Jan
    ?

So nice but who can say if its real or not, a wet dream come through

Rgds Jan

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast