Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

What is the history of this Czech helmet? And is it military or civilian use?

Article about: Hi all, I am trying to round out my world helmet collection, and I wanted to know if this helmet was indeed used by the czech military in WW2 or is it civilian use only..any info would be ap

Default What is the history of this Czech helmet? And is it military or civilian use?

Hi all, I am trying to round out my world helmet collection, and I wanted to know if this helmet was indeed used by the czech military in WW2 or is it civilian use only..any info would be appreciated...as I already ahve a fine example of the later czech helemt used by the slovaks, I was wondering if this is a good example of jsut a purely Czech one..

What is the history of this Czech helmet? And is it military or civilian use?

?

Default Re: What is the history of this Czech helmet? And is it military or civilian use?

Default Re: What is the history of this Czech helmet? And is it military or civilian use?

thanks, any idea though whether it was really used by the army as insignia implies?

?

Quote by Mapuche Warrior View Post
    thanks, any idea though whether it was really used by the army as insignia implies?
    Czechoslovakia was occupied (anexed like Austria), they didn't have a regular army in WW2

I already ahve a fine example of the later czech helemt used by the slovaks, I was wondering if this is a good example of jsut a purely Czech one..

I didn't quiet get you question as well 'cos Czech and Slovaks lived in the same country up to 1993

ok is this helmet an army helmet, and or are the grren wz 29's army?

?

Army helmet, don't know of the unit/regiment

I would be more inclined to say it was either a police or fire-service issue. It is true that helmets of this type were used - though mostly as export items in other countries - as combat helmets, but in Czechoslovak use they were mostly confined to the civil uniformed services. The fact that it is black with a polished crest certainly implies police or fire-service use. Possibly civil defence. I believe (though may be mistaken) that Czechoslovak military helmets were usually a sort of mustard brown.

A better informed person should be able to identify the frontal emblem. It is definately not the same Bohemian Lion badge that was used on some Czech military helmets before the introduction of the wz32.

Greg Pickersgill

Like Greg says, this is a Civil Defense helmet. The Fire Brigades used these helmets as well.

For a pic of a similar Fire Brigade emblem: ALEMÁN 35

Cheers,
    Emile

it is a very nice condition civil defence helmet looks good

tom

hi there,
    the badge is a pre ww2 Police/Genrarmerie badge, which indicates the use. Fire Brigades used these as well, but the badge would be different.
    hope this helps,
    s.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast