Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

White M15 adrian Helmet, anything special?

Article about: Hello, I have wanted to give refinishing an old junky helmet a try for a while now (new liner, new coat of paint, and in this case a badge) when I came across this old m15 Adrian for cheap I

Default White M15 adrian Helmet, anything special?

Hello, I have wanted to give refinishing an old junky helmet a try for a while now (new liner, new coat of paint, and in this case a badge) when I came across this old m15 Adrian for cheap I thought this would be the perfect candidate for such a project. however I don't know a lot about french helmets and I sure don't want to be guilty of damaging/destroying something potentially significant(for you younger guys think in line of that MLP matching K98). As far as condition goes Bits of blue paint peak through the white and a good portion of it is still intact inside, The white paint appears to be pretty thick and looks like it'll come off easily so my original plan was to gently get rid of the white and leave as much of the original blue as is still intact, then get a new badge and liner since they are both long gone. The shell itself is pretty nice, no major dents and only a little rust along the rim. Like I said I know little about French helmets So if you guys think I shouldn't touch it I won't. Any input is appreciated, thanks!

-Yardbird White M15 adrian Helmet, anything special?White M15 adrian Helmet, anything special?White M15 adrian Helmet, anything special?White M15 adrian Helmet, anything special?

Hello

It is often helmet reused by the red cross or medics.
    On this extend their is no specific insigna and the paint is damaged so their is no risk on your side to modify it

best

Bruno

thank you for your reply, Bourguignotte. been thinking about it a bit and it doesn't really look that bad, I think I may leave the paint and see if i can't find a medic badge for it in that case. I have yet to add any kind of medic helmet to my collection.

Hi
    No neeed to add a medic badge.
    Most of them weren't getting one and the other were painted

Bruno

Could be a Belgian police helmet as well.
    Belgian trafic police only had white helmets.
    They also had specific badges.

cheers
    Kris
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

?

Stuka f +1