Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

World's Most Comfortable & Uncomfortable Helmet Opinions

Article about: G'day All, Figured make this one up here! What's your top & bottom three of the most comfortable helmet liner systems you have or experienced? I can only go by my 100 or so helmets! so h

Default World's Most Comfortable & Uncomfortable Helmet Opinions

G'day All,

Figured make this one up here! What's your top & bottom three of the most comfortable helmet liner systems you have or experienced? I can only go by my 100 or so helmets! so here are my top three and bottom three (1 being the best)--

3-- US M1 Attachment 1551481

2-- East German M56/66Attachment 1551482

1-- French F1Attachment 1551485
    Outright winner for me!

For the worst --

3-- Vz 53 Czech Attachment 1551486

2-- Swiss M71Attachment 1551487

1-- UK Mk6Attachment 1551488

Share your opinions if you wish? from any time period.
    Cheers all.

Totally agree on the East German lid, mine is no fun to wear. in my experience I like my Bulgarian M36 liner the most, that or my Finnish M40 Stahlhelm. as for the worst.. the Ssh-68. I have three of them and they are no different. Helps to wear a pilotka under it like intended then it becomes not bad.

Quote by Spenwil73 View Post
    Totally agree on the East German lid, mine is no fun to wear. in my experience I like my Bulgarian M36 liner the most, that or my Finnish M40 Stahlhelm. as for the worst.. the Ssh-68. I have three of them and they are no different. Helps to wear a pilotka under it like intended then it becomes not bad.
    Cheers for replying Mate, I love the feel of the DDR helmet, but I have never worn one under physical conditions or any bar an M1.

Of course! Thankfully none of us have to wear one under physical conditions. Technically no helmet is really comfortable to wear but it is nice every once in a while in the comfort of our rooms!

Quote by Spenwil73 View Post
    Of course! Thankfully none of us have to wear one under physical conditions. Technically no helmet is really comfortable to wear but it is nice every once in a while in the comfort of our rooms!
    Ahh but the F1 is nearly bliss I should find another to use as a push bike helmet.

?

Most of the helmets in my collection are too small for me to wear. So out of the few that do fit me it would have to be the British lightweight parachutist’s helmet (incorrectly referred to as M76) it is very comfy but I guess at the cost of ballistic protection

World's Most Comfortable & Uncomfortable Helmet OpinionsWorld's Most Comfortable & Uncomfortable Helmet Opinions

Nice one JB! not one I have

I think if we were to get the opinions of ANY combat man, there would be a universal thumbs down!
    The dreaded "helmet head" ( the headaches, not the bad hair ) suffered by most soldiers in the field would render ALL of them uncomfortable .......
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Quote by Danmark View Post
    I think if we were to get the opinions of ANY combat man, there would be a universal thumbs down!
    The dreaded "helmet head" ( the headaches, not the bad hair ) suffered by most soldiers in the field would render ALL of them uncomfortable .......
    Not helping there Dan!

A size 64 liner inside a German helmet isn't bad. I've tried a Polish Paratrooper helmet on once before and it wasn't awful. I need to try out some more.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast