Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

WW2 italian helmet???

Article about: Hello! Can anyone help my identify this helmet? Is this used during ww2? Thx.

Default WW2 italian helmet???

WW2 italian helmet???WW2 italian helmet???

Hello! Can anyone help my identify this helmet? Is this used during ww2? Thx.

?

bulgarian

Indeed Bulgarian Postwar...They're often deceptively advertised as "Italian M33 Type"...They're Very Cheap and Plentiful...
    cheers, Glenn

Quote by bigmacglenn1966 View Post
    Indeed Bulgarian Postwar...They're often deceptively advertised as "Italian M33 Type"...They're Very Cheap and Plentiful...
    cheers, Glenn
    +1, not Italian. Leon.

Thx you guys for advice

Quote by bigmacglenn View Post
    cheers, Glenn
    Yes, it is a Bulgarian M72 helmet, and as Glenn says, many have come on the market and are very often trying to sell them as Italians M33.

Regards
    Roberto

?

Here's an Italian helmet from my collection for visual comparison. I believe this is a nice untouched version with part of the stenciled insignia still visible. I don't know much about them other than I liked it because it had a nice patina and well worn look so I bought it

A nice example of early production M33, in the mid 30s, the flash seems to belong to 18th Reg."Bersaglieri", but I'm not sure.

Regards
    Roberto
    Last edited by OldSteel; 09-21-2017 at 11:15 PM. Reason: add info

Quote by bigmacglenn View Post
    cheers, Glenn
    Yep, easily mistaken for the M33 Italian helmet unless you know what to look for but just too new really for WWII if nothing else. Still a nice collectible as long as it is not expensive and sold as Italian.

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

?

Quote by OldSteel View Post
    A fine example of early production M33, in the mid 30s, the flash seems to be the 18th Reg. Bersaglieri.

Regards
    Roberto
    Thank you Roberto. I thought it said either 13th or 18th but not sure. I was trying to find an image online of the flash but had no luck.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast