Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

WW2 ITALIAN M33 Regia Marina HELMET INSIGNIA

Article about: Hello, I am considering purchasing this helmet, but the seller isn't sure if the paint and anchor are original WW2. Is there any red flags on this? M RM marked Thanks Vincenzo

Question WW2 ITALIAN M33 Regia Marina HELMET INSIGNIA

Hello,

I am considering purchasing this helmet, but the seller isn't sure if the paint and anchor are original WW2.

Is there any red flags on this?

M RM marked

WW2 ITALIAN M33 Regia Marina HELMET INSIGNIAWW2 ITALIAN M33 Regia Marina HELMET INSIGNIA
    WW2 ITALIAN M33 Regia Marina HELMET INSIGNIAWW2 ITALIAN M33 Regia Marina HELMET INSIGNIA
    WW2 ITALIAN M33 Regia Marina HELMET INSIGNIA

Thanks
    Vincenzo

Hi Vincenzo,
    the shell marked MRM (specific production for the Regia Marina), the air vent rivets and the metal structure of the liner, are certainly from the WW2 period.
    The type of leather inside, its state of wear and the yellow color of the felt of the padding, make me think of a post war reconditioning.
    The chin strap could be good, instead I have doubts about the rivets used to fix it to the liner, those of the war period are generally made of brass or steel, but rounded and smaller in size; this point could also lead to post-war reconditioning.
    The paint could be that of the WW2 period, but from the photos it is difficult to say this with certainty.
    The most complex issue, on which I would be very cautious is the flash, it seems done by hand, perhaps on a previous flash, certainly not a regulation practice, perhaps added later.
    Obviously this is just an opinion.

Regards
    Roberto

Hello Roberto,

Thank you very much for the information.
    How much would you think this helmet is worth?

Thanks
    Vincenzo

I agree with all Roberto comments, I would just be purchasing this at a regual M33 value, as i believe it has also had some post war additions.

Morris

Thanks Morris, I will take a pass on this one since the seller is selling it at $334 AUD + $80 AUD postage.

Quote by KMMorris View Post
    I agree with all Roberto comments, I would just be purchasing this at a regual M33 value, as i believe it has also had some post war additions.

Morris
    I confirm the evaluation of Morris.

Regards

?

I agree with Roberto and Morris. From my limited experience in these Italian helmets I recall seeing the insignia stenciled in, not hand painted.

?

Should have an anchor stamped into the shell as well. Rob