Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Zweiteilliger Stahlhelm M56 - First Bundeswehr helmez

Article about: Hello Forum, Posted this piece in another section before, as i thought it was a M1, but it turned out its one of the supposedly very rare Zweiteillige Stahlhelm M56 used by the early Bundesw

Default Zweiteilliger Stahlhelm M56 - First Bundeswehr helmez

Hello Forum,

Posted this piece in another section before, as i thought it was a M1, but it turned out its one of the supposedly very rare "Zweiteillige Stahlhelm M56" used by the early Bundeswehr 1956-1959.
    It seems to be an complete Original example with an Original Helmet Net, the Liner is Stamped "HRS - Gr. Umst. 56" which should stand for "Hermann Römmler Spremberg –Groß Umstadt".
    It seems like a nice, used piece, although i´m probably not the right collector for this piece, as i tend to collect more WW2 and Pre-WW2 Stuff.

Edit: I saw the error in the titel too late... should be helmet not helmez.

Zweiteilliger Stahlhelm M56 - First Bundeswehr helmezZweiteilliger Stahlhelm M56 - First Bundeswehr helmezZweiteilliger Stahlhelm M56 - First Bundeswehr helmezZweiteilliger Stahlhelm M56 - First Bundeswehr helmezZweiteilliger Stahlhelm M56 - First Bundeswehr helmezZweiteilliger Stahlhelm M56 - First Bundeswehr helmezZweiteilliger Stahlhelm M56 - First Bundeswehr helmezZweiteilliger Stahlhelm M56 - First Bundeswehr helmezZweiteilliger Stahlhelm M56 - First Bundeswehr helmezZweiteilliger Stahlhelm M56 - First Bundeswehr helmezZweiteilliger Stahlhelm M56 - First Bundeswehr helmezZweiteilliger Stahlhelm M56 - First Bundeswehr helmez

Congratulations on the find, the new pictures look great and really show off this nice helmet. Do you have any pictures of the leather chinstrap and buckle for future reference?

Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

?

That is great this went from a US M1 Dud to a primo German M56 find!!

Semper Fi
    Phil

Here some pics of the leather chinstrap and buckle, i hope they can be useful in the future!

Zweiteilliger Stahlhelm M56 - First Bundeswehr helmezZweiteilliger Stahlhelm M56 - First Bundeswehr helmezZweiteilliger Stahlhelm M56 - First Bundeswehr helmezZweiteilliger Stahlhelm M56 - First Bundeswehr helmez

This helmet were rare?
    I found for Option to buy it 16 Complete of these ones for small price
    BR
    Bavarian

Quote by Bavarian View Post
    This helmet were rare?
    I found for Option to buy it 16 Complete of these ones for small price
    BR
    Bavarian
    Would you mind giving the reference? If they are genuine BW M56 I suggest you buy them *all* if they are so cheap. But I do think you should have someone check them first. These are genuinely rare. (I believe many - most - were sold as surplus export when the M1A1 was introduced.)