Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Brexit day

Article about: Now the UK has left Europe could this in the future benefit our hobby or make worse.

Default Brexit day

Now the UK has left Europe could this in the future benefit our hobby or make worse.

Congratulations to you! Now we wait for Swexit

Quote by Wewelsburg View Post
    Congratulations to you! Now we wait for Swexit
    And I imagine Polxit, Itexit etc.

Understandable to wait and see what happens when the first boy in the playground squares up to the school bully (that's my satirical take on it not political comment)

@GW I would think the only real issue is whether we have to maintain the Euro Deact spec in UK

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

The first domino falls!

I don’t expect it to have much of an impact on the hobby at all. Militaria already circulates between non-EU countries without issues. I see no reason why it won’t continue to do so.

The EU deact specifications will be transferred into UK law, as all EU legislation has been as part of the Withdrawal Act. From this point onwards, we are under no obligation to commit to new EU legislation, and so the only real danger of deact-restricting laws comes from the whims of our own government.

I am wondering whether UK-spec deacts are now legal again, as the law specifies that they can only be sold in non-EU countries. As of 11 o’clock last night, that includes us.

B.B.

Is it 'SEXIT' in Sussex?

Guy Verhofstadt says it is time to reform the union so that it will be impossible to leave EU! "Brexit is a failure for the Union. There is a lesson to be learned from this: to deeply reform the Union. To make it a real union, a union without opt-in, without opt-outs, without discounts, without exception. Only then can we defend our interests and defend our values, Guy Verhofstadt said in the debate". Not sure what to make of that statement.

If you can't opt in or out... and there are no discounts or exceptions, it just be like the pre EU days where each country had just their own interests at heart. The EU experiment is doomed anyway, if the French people were given a vote they would leave too... as would other countries.

Quote by bittaker View Post
    Not sure what to make of that statement.

I am, it represents submission to un-elected totalitarianism and we all know from recent history how that ends!

I am happy to engage in satire and lampooning of the subject but I don't want to get into a political debate.

Anyone have any jokes, cartoons etc?

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Well, I do not want to go "head on" with this so... (Perhaps I should have used one of these when the/my accident happened?)
    Attached Images Attached Images Brexit day 

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast