just thought I would post this here....I picked up my first relic helmet a few weeks back and after staring at it for a bit I decided to take the plunge and get a "real" helmet (you were spot on, Martin Bull). I've always been more of a medal and paper guy but I have quite a bit of field gear as well.....the genuine wehrmacht helmet always seemed just out of my $$$ reach that I was willing to go.....

along the way I supplemented my displays with the following helmets I acquired which had that German "look"....all of them in the $$ range....

L-R * Spanish Helmet * M16 Relic w/ traces of camo * M34 Square Dip with trace of tilted swastika * M42 relic

Evolution of a helmet purchase

so, yesterday I took the plunge to start off 2022 and bought this helmet from a reputable dealer for what I think was a fantastic price....I'll do a full on regular post when I receive it but just wanted to share with the group

I go to a lot of estate sales and always thought I would come across one but despite finding many German items over the years the helmet as remained elusive for me

a couple of pics of the new one on the way - M40 reissue, hopefully I did alright....and I'm already thinking of a future M35 Luft with a decal