Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 46 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

The forum's future: We are pleased to announce the Gold Club

Article about: by Glenn66 Any way we can tell when our membership is up for renewal? I can't seem to find anything in my account section. You should receive a reminder Glenn. Regards, Carl

Default The forum's future: We are pleased to announce the Gold Club

Hi Guys, I would like to talk to you about the forum and its future and the introduction of a new feature.

We have always tried to make this site different from others online. It was founded on two very important principles:

A place where collectors of like mind could come together to learn and share information about their items in a pleasant and Gentlemanly atmosphere.

This site is not a business and we have never wanted it to become just a money making concern like other well known sites.

I think we have suceeded in our founding principals and the forum is growing each day.

But Forums cost money. A lot of money. I believe we offer more than any other site. A fast trouble free server, free photo hosting, free adverts etc and all in a nice place to be.

We have always wanted the forum to be free to use. This will not change if we can possibly help it. But we have to live in the real world. So we have some advertising and sponsored ads from some trusted dealers. We have always asked for Donations, and with this combined with the adverts, has more or less, covered our costs in previous years.

Donations to the forum (and these are very gratefully received however small) are only covering about 20% of our costs now. I know times are hard. Clearly we cannot rely on these alone now. Sadly not enough people are repaying the good advice given out to them which is saving hundreds of £/$/Euros. I do feel more people could show some appreciation to the site and its members by donating. Without funding the site will close.

So what we would like to offer is a Gold Club membership. The Moderating team have discussed this at some length and it is difficult to get right. We want to offer a little package to those who wish to see the forum continue to survive, grow and succeed. First of all, what will this cost I hear you ask? Here you have two options:

$25 will buy you a year’s membership or alternatively, $10 for 100 days.

What are the benefits: well, first of all, it will mean the forum will keep running! But it will also give you:

Increased PM storage for up to 1000 PM's and no time limit to posting PM's.

The ability to customise your forum browsing experience. There will be the option to remove unwanted sections of the forum which are not to your own particular collecting interests.

A new special Customised Classified adverts section will be introduced with unlimited sales/wants. I think this will be popular.

No Google Adverts.

The ability to create social groups.

In order to keep the site professional looking and egalitarian in nature, there will be no special badges etc against members names.

So please join the Gold Club. If you enjoy the forum, it is for you To join, simply click on the "Gold Club WRF" tab at the top of the page or the link below and follow the instructions from there. We accept a variety of online or payment card methods.

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/payments.php

I think $25 represents great value for money. After all a night out would cost you much more today. So $25 for a years subscription works out at about 7 cents a day.

Thank you.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Default Re: The forum's future: We are pleased to announce the Gold Club

Come on Gents....lets repay a little so we can continue in the same vane as before, I have learnt a lot, got some bargains, even made some money! but more importantly, made some good friends and had great banter, priceless ! so come pension day next week I will be joining the Gold Club.....
    Many more Prosts to come !...Steve.

Quote by oradour View Post
    Come on Gents....lets repay a little so we can continue in the same vane as before, I have learnt a lot, got some bargains, even made some money! but more importantly, made some good friends and had great banter, priceless ! so come pension day next week I will be joining the Gold Club.....
    Many more Prosts to come !...Steve.
    Steve I just did Not that I'm important or anything

Hi Mike, you are No1 Many thinks for your kind contribution.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

At $25 for the amount of info and advice here I know who is winning, you couldn't buy a reference book for that.

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Mike, you are No1 Many thinks for your kind contribution.

Cheers, Ade.
    The honor is yours Ade and the rest of the members!!!! THANK YOU!!!!

?

Ade I just tried to join and pay via paypal but I get this error message when trying to pay via PP.

Invalid Regular period. You must specify valid values for the A3, P3, and T3 parameters for a subscription.

This looks like something on your end not mine. Just a heads up, once fixed I will be a "Gold" member.

Cheers
    Doug

?

Same here, same message, tried three times
    help
    Dave

Thanks Doug.

I will get Dimas to check this out.

Cheers, Ade.

Page 1 of 46 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast