Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Happy Fathers Day

Article about: Happy Fathers Day gents! Still wish I had my Dad around. Great man and I'm forever thankful for having him as my father. Also love being a Father as well. Priorities certainly change.

MAP
    ?

Default Happy Fathers Day

Happy Fathers Day gents!

Still wish I had my Dad around. Great man and I'm forever thankful for having him as my father.

Also love being a Father as well. Priorities certainly change.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Cheers MAP, you too mate ! Got a nice Leffe blonde beer, which I'll save for next Saturday !
    Best regards
    Paul

Happy Fathers Day to all those present and future family leaders.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

You as well Map. Yes I still miss my father but also enjoy my kids.
    John

MAP
    ?

Quote by Pauls1970 View Post
    Cheers MAP, you too mate ! Got a nice Leffe blonde beer, which I'll save for next Saturday !
    Best regards
    Paul
    Nice. Not sure I would have had the patience to save it

As both my boys are away (college and summer camp counselor) my wife let me cook my own meal. Whatever I wanted as a treat for myself. (Yes I love to cook and it's not a chore)

So went to the butcher yesterday and treated myself by making a pan seared 30 oz prime grade and aged bone in 2 inch thick Ribeye with a fat cap with herb butter, rosemary and garlic. Complemented it with lemon zest Parmesan roasted asparagus and garlic/herb sauteed mushrooms topped off with a nice 20 year old bottle of wine I've had for ages. Of course....in memory of my father, I followed this up by having a nice cigar on the back porch on a beautiful evening.

A Perfect day!

Happy Fathers Day

Happy Fathers Day
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by Pauls1970 View Post
    Best regards
    Paul
    I got something similar complete with an appropriate beer glass from my son who is a serving Royal Navy "Tar". What impressions our offspring have of us

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."