Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Looking for some advicce on personal letters Please

Article about: In the last grouping I picked up there are about 10 personal letters from pvt Hans SP 2th, FP #59943 pz Grenadier Regt 50. All the letters are from 1944 and are to his mother and wife. I bel

Default Looking for some advice on personal letters Please

In the last grouping I picked up there are about 10 personal letters from pvt Hans SP 2th, FP #59943 pz Grenadier Regt 50. All the letters are from 1944 and are to his mother and wife. I believe he also had a child. All the letters came with English translation but I have not verified. I do not think made up.

The question is what do I do with them? They do not fit in my collection and it would be difficult for me to throw them in recycle. They cannot have much value except for maybe a younger relative which there is little chance of finding without a great deal of time.

What do you guys do with this type of personal items?

Your opinions are appreciated.
    John
    Last edited by Rescue190; 11-14-2020 at 01:36 PM.

If they came with a group of other items the absolute best thing in my opinion is to keep them with that grouping as they give a personal look into the other items in the group. definitely don’t recycle them!

Very personal stuff but the recycle bin! I'll take them for my collection of kraut and allies letters!

MAP
    ?

I put them in a folder with a note attached identifying what items the came with.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thanks, I should have been more clear that they came with a lot of unrelated items. The personal letters are not tied to any of the items that came with it that I have figured out.

They are 10 personal letters that are a stand alone item.
    John

I would hang on to them, but keep them separate from the other items if they are unrelated. I’ve got a letter from a guy stationed at a base and he’s writing to his girlfriend while she’s married to another dude and even mentions the husband in his letter. Completely unrelated to everything else I have, but it’s fascinating to read.

?

Is this guy traceable??
    It would be nice to have letters from your Grandparents while he was on his world tour.
    Research family???????
    Just my 2 centavos on the subject

I could not bring myself to throw something like that out. I would just file them away. Or offer them up to folks who would take care of them.

Semper Fi
    Phil

?

Feldpost number

59943 (10.1.1943-26.9.1943) Stab u. 1.-4. Kompanie Reserve-Panzergrenadier-Bataillon 8
    59943 (27.9.1943-7.5.1944) 4.10.1943 Stab u. Einheit Reserve-Panzergrenadier-Bataillon 8
    59943 (6.12.1944-8.5.1945) 28.3.1945 Stab I u. 1.-4. Kompanie Panzergrenadier-Regiment 50
    Tuck them away for a rainy day research !
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

Thank you all. I will tuck them away for future. At least they do not take up much space.
    John