Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Missing 1938 Kunst flag Eagle

Article about: All WRF members. On behalf of a friend I would like you all to keep your eyes and ears open for a item that might have been stolen in the mail. This very rare Deutsches Kunst Munich 1938 Par

MAP
    ?

Default Missing 1938 Kunst flag Eagle

All WRF members.

On behalf of a friend I would like you all to keep your eyes and ears open for a item that might have been stolen in the mail.

This very rare Deutsches Kunst Munich 1938 Parade eagle has went missing in the post from the USA to the UK.

Sizes are 23 inches high…28 inches wing span…23 inches at the base 10 inches deep . Beak to tail

It's 1 of only 2 known to exist.

Last tracked as leaving Heathrow Airport on the 5th November

If it has been stolen it is not an item that would probably be sold on the open market given its rarity.

A reward will be given and no questions asked if it has been stolen

"Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Oh boy, hope it will find the way back to correct owner. It is always sad to read this kind news
    -TJ-

?

Unfortunately this happens all to often recently. Parcels going missing, being stolen from doorsteps, dumped by drivers etc. If I hear or see anything I will be sure to let you know but I hope it gets resolved and it's simply a clerical/barcode issue and the package will be delivered.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

MAP
    ?

As an FYI, some good news. The missing shipping container was eventually found and the Eagle is now in the possession of the owner.

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Nice to hear that this transaction ended well
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Great news Michael, can you tell us what happened?

Bill
    "Only a pimp in a Louisiana whore house carries a pearl handled revolver"
    - General George Smith Patton Jr.

Quote by SHEMP H View Post

Bill
    It flew from the US to the Uk. I just reckon its wings were a bit tired.

....sorry, I'll get my hat & coat.....
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

MAP
    ?

Quote by SHEMP H View Post

Bill
    I don't know much other than the crate was originally misplaced. Probably when unloading it at Heathrow. Eventually someone found it. Probably in the warehouse. They were aware that it was lost so they must have been looking for it.

What great news to hear & relief for the buyer, thanks for the post Michael (no pun intended !)
    Cheers
    Paul