Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Mother's Day wishes and Prayers

Article about: Today in the United States we celebrate Mother's Day. A day to reflect on those women in our lives who gave us life, nurtured us and raised us to become parents ourselves. The tradition of c

Default Mother's Day wishes and Prayers

Today in the United States we celebrate Mother's Day. A day to reflect on those women in our lives who gave us life, nurtured us and raised us to become parents ourselves.

The tradition of celebrating Mothers is not uncommon, as it is observed in over 40 countries at different times of the year.

I reflect today on my Mother, who I just spoke with over the phone. Sadly, my mother is in a Nursing Home trying to regain her strength after a fall in hopes of the chance of being released to go home. Mom is 86 years old, is legally blind and suffers from memory loss, but when I spoke to her, she was happy, and her spirits were high.

My mother has always been a Saint in my eyes, taking care of her parents, her husband, her two children and the rest of the family for years. A tough Sicilian Woman who endured hardships growing up which I know made her a stronger and more resilient person.

I wish you all many years of happiness and fond memories of your moms and with your moms, and may they be Blessed with your love.

Happy Mother's Mom, thank you for everything, We are miles apart, but close at heart.

Your son

Smitty

MAP
    ?

Well said Smitty. My (late) mother too was a Rock as well as my wonderful wife. Strong women equals strong families.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

A nice reflection Smitty. My mother has been gone for a long time. My daughter became a new mother 8 days ago. My wife and I and happy to welcome a granddaughter. I did not and still do not believe I am old enough to be a grandpa. Just plain crazy! IMHO. Am I really that old?
    John
    Last edited by Rescue190; 05-16-2023 at 01:18 AM.

Quote by Rescue190 View Post
    A nice reflection Smitty. My mother had been gone for a long time. My daughter became a new mother 8 days ago. My wife and I and happy to welcome a granddaughter. I did not and still do not believe I am old enough to be a grandpa. Just plain crazy! IMHO. Am I really that old?
    John
    I know that feeling John! I was 48 when my first grandchild was born but at least that means being young enough to be able to run (or maybe stumble) around with them in the garden. Now they are more interested in clothes, make-up and the opposite sex than rolling around in the dirt. Not sure which I prefer but I know which is better for my old bones !

Regards

Mark
    Last edited by Watchdog; 05-15-2023 at 11:14 AM. Reason: typo
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."